• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raptor/Sata problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

express

Registered
So, I recently purchased a 74gb raptor and a sata controller card. I installed them, and I can see the raptor under hardware. However, I don't know how/if I can access the drive, as in to put stuff on it. So, I was wondering if there is anyway to access it?
HD = 74WD raptor
Card = Link Depot PCI-SATA150
MB = ECS 648-a

Is the raptor the only hard drive in your computer?

Once you get the drivers installed for the card, you should be able to see the drive in the management console. Once you can see it there, you can format it to work with Windows.

more specifically, right click my comp->manage then go to the disk management section, highlight the drive, and hit format.

Alright, so a new question comes up, the raptor is unallocated. How would I get it to be allocated?

you have to format the space. Follow Zac42's advice and you will be all set.

The raptor shows up in the device manager, but not in the computer management. The other harddrive is there...:/

alright... it does not show up in disk management???

Are you sure you're going to the right place?

On the desktop, Right click on My Computer. Select Manage from the menu. In the left pane you should see Storage with a Plus (+) sign in it. Click on the plus sign and select Disk Management. You should see a new drive there. Format it and bada-boom! Your new raptor...

If that does not work, you may have to download and run the Data Lifeguard tools from Western Digital.

www.westerndigital.com

I'm looking in the right place, but the raptor doesn't show up there. Just my other harddrive. (thanks for the help by the way)

IF you go into the computer mangament then go to diskmanagment and see the HD but no drive letter you can right click on the drive up the top and go to change drive letter and paths then you wull be able to format it with a filesystem

Back