• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raptors in RAID 0 benchmark...whattya think?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I understand that......gustav
But why not show benchmarks for us dualie users who know the hardware we all use.? Someone here may be using the same setup. (K7D-L)

Vito said:
I understand that......gustav
But why not show benchmarks for us dualie users who know the hardware we all use.? Someone here may be using the same setup. (K7D-L)
if the dualie users want to find out about raptor performance, i would think they would look at the storage section. just a suggestion for future reference.

Can you post some more info.. what controller are you using - i take it is in a 64 bit slot. Are these the 36Gb Raptors in your sig?

Your read performance looks dissapointing. Can you run Winbench99 to compare with Atto? Also with Atto its best to set the queue depth to 10 and the total length to 32Mb for a more reliable test.

Using Highpoint RocketRAID 1520 in 64 bit slot
2 x 36GB Raptors in RAID 0
WIN XP Pro

Here's the 2nd test as you suggested stui_nz, with corrections

That looks much more as expected. That array should be performing right around that level, though the read values should be a bit higher than the write values normally. Max transfer rates on the 36GB Raptors are around 57MB/s and accounting for a slight latency for the RAID processing all is well.

Back