• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rate xoxide @ resellers and get a cathode for free!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yea, I have ordered from them once, and was happy with the products. I am just to damn lazy to rate them. Maybe now I will get of my arse and do it. I wouldn't think it would hurt their image at all because they will get some bad reviews from this promotion as well as good ones.

got my email and code.

gotta decide if i want a reg cathode or a bubbly one.

Just a mere appearance of a conflict of interest will eventually ruin ResellerRatings.com. Yes, I assume most people will be honest and will give an unbiased review, but there's definately a conflict here. This is similar to a situation where a CEO of a company gives a nice "gift" to a financial analyst asking the financial analyst to write a report about his company. Now if that financial analyst becomes from "never bothered to cover that company" to "wow, this company is a definate buy," would you trust that report? I would really suggest that ResellerRatings.com ban such practice, or write a note on the seller's page that discloses such practice. It'll eventually be ruined, sort of like Price Watch, where sellers list a low, low price, but it takes a real hassle just to have them honour it.

esit said:
Just a mere appearance of a conflict of interest will eventually ruin ResellerRatings.com. Yes, I assume most people will be honest and will give an unbiased review, but there's definately a conflict here. This is similar to a situation where a CEO of a company gives a nice "gift" to a financial analyst asking the financial analyst to write a report about his company. Now if that financial analyst becomes from "never bothered to cover that company" to "wow, this company is a definate buy," would you trust that report? I would really suggest that ResellerRatings.com ban such practice, or write a note on the seller's page that discloses such practice. It'll eventually be ruined, sort of like Price Watch, where sellers list a low, low price, but it takes a real hassle just to have them honour it.

I agree 100 %.. great comments and suggestions

esit said:
I third that, Thats why i dont use pricewatch anymore, Do you guys think they'll still give out the free cathode if you leave bad feedback?

They never said anywhere it has to be good.

If you write xoxide sucks they'll still be obligated to give it out, but I think the promotion ended.

this deal still open? i need to find that paper you get when ordering from them :(

This was relayed to me from Scott over at reseller rating...he asked me to post this for him...I know this is kind of late but it should put the topic to rest about the "conflict of interest" that was posted in the last few days...

"Mind posting this for me there? They haven't approved my account yet:

"I'd post this here myself but you guys have a moderating queue hold on new accounts. Our policy is as follows:

1) Only existing customers can submit reviews. Reviews by non-customers will be deleted.

2) Retailers can offer incentives such as prizes or discounts in exchange for reviews, but they must solicit ALL reviews (positive, negative, etc) and they must verify that the user is already a customer.

Preventing fraud is a huge part of what we do. We have dozens of manual and automated checks that we use to prevent and detect fraudulent reviews - we even request invoices via fax from reviewers when in doubt of a review's legitimacy. While I know that everyone is concerned about keeping the site useful and free from bogus reviews, understand that no one cares more about that than we do.

Scott Wainner
Founder & President
ResellerRatings.com"

Back