• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raven Shield any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeathONator

I'm THINKING about buying this game but dunno if it's worth it. I'm downloading the demo. But I want your openion too.

Is it as good as ghost recon? If not I'm not going to bother. I think ghost recon was better than Rabow Six.

If you really like "real" games, you'll like it. It was a bit to graphic intensive for my radeon 7500 and too "real" for me so I tossed it aside.

phpguru

Oop, didn't see you have a 7200, You'll have a hard time running this game at enjoyable graphics :/. Even at low low low, it lagged for me.

phpguru

if your computer can handle the graphics its one of the best games out there right now...I didnt really like ghost reacon but then I got a free demo of raven shield and fell in love. You can go on ubisoft.com and download a free multiplayer and single player demo

Highly recommended. I run it with no problems on my other rig which is an Athlon 2000+ with an ATI Radeon VE, same as the Radeon 7000, with absolutly no problems. Frame rates are a little soft but thats to be expected from a low end vid card. other wise performance is good. Being familiar with the Tom Clancy series of games. Its the most like Rogue Spear but does incorpurate some of the things I felt made Ghost Recon so good. It is more of CQC (Close Quarters Combat) game than GR and a lil' faster paced. I would recommend it but definitley DL the demo if your on the fence.

Sink

P.S. If you do end up getting the full version dont forget to check out our server (Gameserv-Detroit.com in ubi.com gameroom 1) its one of the best RVS servers out there.

its kind of different from ghost recon. Play the singleplayer. Its mad fun. I hihgly recommend.

DoomArse said:
I didnt really like ghost reacon

I bought that game thinking it was all that and it stank imo :(

Plus it seemed very hard to me. The squad team action didn't work to well on that game, again, imo.

I really didn't like rogue spear all that much. I'll download the demo though. I was trying to a few days ago but it kept screwing up, and w/ no resuming downloads cabablity

This game is lotsa fun. I love the multiplayer. But just like was said before if your not sure try the demo and see what you think.

I'd recommend it tho

Back