• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

really need help here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RichRymer10

Registered
Okay i want to know which card is better...GeForce 4 MX440SE or GeForce FX 5200. Now i know that hands down the Radeon 9700 kills nVidia and i know that the GeForce 4 Ti line is the best. the problem is that these (GeForce 4 MX440SE and GeForce FX 5200) are the only new cards i could afford. So, all i would like to know is how these specific cards compare.

well then what do you suggest? right now i am running a GeForce 2 MX 400 that is even more toned down than the Retail GeForce 2 MX 400 (by HP). So, any video card looks good to me. i'm also leaning more towards the FX cuz its dual head. BTW...im a casual gamer (couple of times per week type of thing). as long as it could run Americas Army and BF1942 (fast!!)...then i wont complain.

if you are looking for a card that is good for general gaming and not too expensive and you don't whant to have to upgrade for a while. than a fx is the ticket. the 5200 is a slow card. if you get a 5200 than get the 5200 ultra. its a little faster than the regular 5200.

the gforce 4 mx 440se is a great card also for general gaming. i have one as a backup card. and i can pull 50 to 60 frames a second on unreal turnamant 2003 at game settings normal. the only problem is it's not diectx 9 compatable and if a new game comes out that has dx9 and you whant to play than you are out of luck.

my choises whould be.

if you are on a real tight budjet: fx 5200 ultra

if you can spend a little more than a fx 5600 ultra, or ati 9500 pro

alright thanks. i think im gonna get the fx. i can only dish out 100 some odd dollars for a video card because i have to buy other components.

Back