• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommend me an nforce2!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
im looking for a board thats out. the 8rga+ is, but it doesn't say anything about vdd and its got gf4 mx igp

I'll have to agree with Emericana...the NF7-S 1.2 is the way to go as of right now. Contrary to most opinions, it's stable, and runs faster than anything I've seen or owned to this point. Here's a pair of screenshots.

2400.jpg

sandra.jpg

120 for the board, 90 for the processor....best 210 bucks I've spent in a long time....and that's on air. (AX-7 + Tornado)

Temperature is at full load running Folding@Home in the background. I have it going at 200x12 @ 1.7vdd. Chances are I will be doing a mod in the future to up this to 1.8 or 1.9 (I've heard about someone melting their northbridge at 2.1). But I can guarantee you I haven't reached the full potential of this chip....yet :D

pretty sure. the 1.2 adds a small chip ON the corner of one of the holes around the board. so the standoffs would just crush it

Interesting....I guess you could look at that two ways.....stupid Abit for putting a chip there, or stupid everyone else for making their standoffs bigger than the circles around the 4 mounting holes.

Looking at mine, I can probably guess at which mounting hole is suspect. Oh well.....Epox isn't a bad alternative :p

I probably wouldn't risk trying a brass standoff....and after doing a lot of searching around, I can't find many (or anyone) who's saying they've successfully mounted the 900 to the NF7-S 1.2.

Makes me wonder about Thermalright's claim to have tested it and turning out ok....????

hehe. you wouldn't happen to have access to look at it would you? if you do....i just wanna know how close that little chip really is. the standoffs aren't that big.......but they are big enough to worry

I'll break out the digital camera tomorrow....but just glancing at it, the chip itself is clear of the white ring around the mounting hole. I would venture that as long as that standoff isn't THAT large in diameter, you'd be fine.

I'll still post a picture tomorrow....would hate to spend 120 bucks on a motherboard to find that my 60 dollar heatsink wouldn't fit on it.

Wow....thats really close. I sent Abit an email about this.....so hopefully I will get a response.

where can i get the 1.2 from in the uk?
i sent oberclockers uk a mail n thay said its not out yet????????? stupid ppl :/

Back