• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

rediculous hardwired pings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bullet2binary

this morning i began to notice exceptionally slow loadtimes with web pages and UT was lagging like crazy, so i check my upload speed. it's only about 10 kbps since i am uploading something with a speed capped at 10kbps, so that checked out alright. i opened up the command prompt and this is what i found:

cmd.jpg

that is the ping to my router.. also, when loading web pages, i noticed that some packets were dropeed. i am not on wireless... this is a hardwired connection. why would i been seeing pings like this?

Any other pc's have the problem?
Could be the port on the router.
Could be your nic or patch cable.
I would power cycle the router and your pc, to see if the problem goes away. If it doesn't, try a different port/cable/nic.

After you power cycle, I would make sure your NIC configuration is correct (speed and duplex especially) then update its drivers.

Back