• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

regular heatsink vs corsair h60

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chaos

I have built a new micro atx system using an Apevia micro atx case, a 550w power supply, amd fx-6100 6 core cpu, an asus m5a88-m mobo. and 4gb of ram..I have it oc'ed to 4ghz right now and decided to run prime last night..Prime has been woke up this morning expecting my system to have rebooted, but surprisingly prime is still running !!!!! Using cpuid and the mobos on monitoring software, its showing temps have gotten to the high 70's(celsius)..don't know whats the safe limit for the fx series cpus is, but was wondering if I put in the H60 water cooler would my temps be lower.??? Right now I'm using an old heatsink/fan I pulled from a system I built over 2 years-heck I didnt even see a brand on it..If you dont think temps would drop any, i will just leave it the way it is because i would have to modify the case to put in the H60 anyway(wouldnt be too hard though)

The H60 would prolly help since the HS you have is really old and not able to manage the heat. That said, the H70 or H80 will give better cooling. The H60 was thier first attempt and not a good one.

I already have the H60(got it on sale) thats why I was wondering...may just leave it the way it is...Idle temps are at mid 30's with older cooler..and I don't know if I want to take the system apart again, modify the case, and not get better temps..

Well I went ahead and took the plunge..I had to cut 2 slots ito the area where normally the fan would go and slide the tubing in them..Still meesing with connencting it to the case, but the temps have dropped Dramatically !!! I have a 4Ghz overclock and with prime running, temps are only in the the mid to upper 40's(celsius).. Alot better than the high 60's low 70's....Lovin it...!!!!! Fan is only running about 1350 rpms..

Attachments

• PICT0797.JPG
    PICT0797.JPG
    658.7 KB · Views: 333
  • PICT0799.JPG
    PICT0799.JPG
    657.2 KB · Views: 330
Well I went ahead and took the plunge..I had to cut 2 slots ito the area where normally the fan would go and slide the tubing in them..Still meesing with connencting it to the case, but the temps have dropped Dramatically !!! I have a 4Ghz overclock and with prime running, temps are only in the the mid to upper 40's(celsius).. Alot better than the high 60's low 70's....Lovin it...!!!!! Fan is only running about 1350 rpms..

Haha, straight ghetto-rigged! I applaud you, mod on, man :attn:

Back