• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Removing a Network Place

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DuckDodgers

I have tried for weeks to fix my network problems. I am running XP Pro Sp2, ZA pro, NOD32, Adaware etc.... I have tried everything I have read and tried every suggestion and tip ya'll have givin and the Flippin' thing still will not let me connect either computer together. The kids comp can access the web no problem but when I try to connect to thiers or vice versa... nada. Dont have permission yada yada yada.. so The question I have is how do you or can you remove a computer from my network places?
Thanks

Only suggestion I can think of is to disable the Computer Browser service, I don't know what implication this will have on the rest of your system, but I run OK with it disabled.

Did you make sure add your ip and your kids ip to the list of trusted ip addresses in your firewall? Thats what was holding me back. Also make sure file/print sharing is enabled. Did you try
ping xxx.xxx.x.xxx to see if they could ping each other.

Back