• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

reviewers using crappy psu's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Malakai

i just noticed that most revies show the whole system they are testing except the psu. ive seen on many epox8KHA+ reviews were the reviewer was having probs at higher bus speeds never tell the psu.
if one board with all the same components runs fine at 160 and the epox doesn't with all the same components, id think they would check their volt rails. but nope, they just blame it on the board.
i just got the 8KHA+ and noticed a minor drop in voltages. my 5v rail dropped to 4.95 where it never went below 5.99 on my dragon+. now i have a great psu, if i had a cheapo generic psu, that diff would be much bigger and more detromental, possibly affecting how high of an fsb the board can do.
i think it should be made standard all reviews include the brand and output of the psu a system is tested on, and info on the voltages, drops under load, ect for more reliable revies IMHO.
sorry 4 rambling
-Malakai

Psu's are more often the problem with any computer. I've seen alot of people having psu problems, and not checking the wall plug's power as the first link in the chain...that alone often runs up and down by 5~10 volts...no wonder there are so many psu issues here. They should start checking from the wall and work their way up.

It's akin to puting Diesel fuel in a Corvette and expecting it to race well.

so what psu's would you recomend? I think I want a 400w psu so I can power some fans and maybe some lcds and lights. Also how would I go about checking my wall outlet, and my psu to see how well it stacks up against the others.

i fully recomend the antec 400w. its only like 60$ on newegg. its the one i use, and the psu works great.
id reccomend it to my mother
-Malakai

Malakai said:
i fully recomend the antec 400w. its only like 60$ on newegg. its the one i use, and the psu works great.
id reccomend it to my mother
-Malakai

And I would second that.

Malakai said:
Silver,thats a phat avatar, btw
-Malakai

Thank you. I've needed one for some time and given that the older I get the less I know, the picture seemed appropriate.:D

Back