• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ripping music from games

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nope that didnt work ... the files are in ASF format ... anyone knows proggies that convert ASF to either mp3 or wav ??

i normally rip music off using one method .. its kinda stupid but works

i have sb live and it have option of recording "what you hear" in sb updated drivers the setting is changed to "Master"

okay what i do is open my favourite sound editing program (sound forge in my case) and open a new file and start recording and than i play that "traget" file when it ends i stop the recording in sound forge, edit it a little and save as mp3

works like a charm although sound quality may not be THAT good buts pretty good :)

Music of nfs simply rocks i am thinking about ways to somehow rip it umm i doubt if this sound forge method will work but certainly i will try it out

You could do a search for these song:
Hot Action Cop - "Fever for the Flavor"
Hot Action Cop - "Going Down It"
Uncle Kracker - "Keep It Comin'"
Bush - "The People That We Love"
Rush - "One Little Victory"
Pulse Ultra - "Build Your Cages"
Course of Nature - "Wall of Shame"
Buzzhorn - "Ordinary"

I probably know a way to rip those songs, but I can't and won't tell you (It's kinda Illegal...don't bother PMing me bout it).

yeah i can copy the files to my hdd, actually i have copied most of the files ot my hard drive if i don't do that the game spends loads of time reading the cdrom and hangs or it lags too much

KILLorBE are the instrumental version of those songs also available?

KILLorBE those are SOME of the songs .. nothing I like :)
I like that techno one ... AND I found the way of ripping it at 160KBS!!!! whoo whoo

I had this program on my HDD called Cool Edit Pro 2.0 ... and for once it had a good use :D
I used that program to get the tracks I wanted and the qulity is perfect!

Sorry, I don't have the game.

And yes Cool Edit is a great program, You really should use it a lot more:)

At least you found a way of ripping those songs w/o using "illegal" software (didn't think of CE:eh?: people can be stupid when they're drunk:p , I had a different program in mind as you mentioned ASF)

Yea I used to use it alot more .. but not lately since I didnt need it :)
Indeed a great program, I use it to my my own mixes and stuff

Back