• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Riser question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There is a hit on PPD when using anything less than PCIe Gen 2 x16, different posts over at FF have said anything from 1-10%. That 10484 just quoted above is about 25k off what my 970 is doing
So this whole time, my card is under preforming? :bang head

These are ribbon right Torin?
Maybe even take the time to wrap each wire in the ribbon to prevent cross talk..

Could someone explain how to get the PPD scores? Or link to a page that does? This is an interesting bit of info, and I don't know how to get it for my setup. I want to do a before/after comparison from moving from Sandy bridge to skylake :D

These are ribbon right Torin?

Yes, they are 16x to 16x ribbon cable risers

Maybe even take the time to wrap each wire in the ribbon to prevent cross talk..

You do realize we are talking about 164 individual wires, yes? There are essentially 4 IDE hard drive ribbon cables coming off each connector.

Could someone explain how to get the PPD scores? Or link to a page that does? This is an interesting bit of info, and I don't know how to get it for my setup. I want to do a before/after comparison from moving from Sandy bridge to skylake :D

There are a couple of ways you can find out. First there is in the advanced control console (right click on the task bar icon and select advanced control in the popup menu in windows)

ppd.jpg

You can also install HFM and get the same information for all your clients.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8d5F59S5sCiS1RISzdsaEd5UXM&usp=drive_web

Yes, they are 16x to 16x ribbon cable risers

You do realize we are talking about 164 individual wires, yes? There are essentially 4 IDE hard drive ribbon cables coming off each connector.

I said ​maybe :D

Probably, bear in mind that everyone's clock speed's are different - I don't overclock mine above what the factory already do so you could be either faster/slower than me, mine boosts to a quite modest 1317mhz.

If you are slower than that then better for you, if you are already faster then you are taking a larger hit

Back