• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Rookie] First OC, Good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wickedinterface

Registered
Ok Uber OCers, This is my first OC that i have been to get over 143 due to the new Bios (1004Uber). My question is how am i looking so far. I feel really proud for my first time getting past the 140's. Should i keep going? my memory timing is 7-3-3-2 for now, I know i need to tighten it down, but i dont know if i can with my pc3000 ram. This is a a 2400+ RevB AIUHB 0304WPIW

Your comments please.

http://wickedinterface.kicks-***.net:81/firstOC.jpg

What are you using for cooling...and not too shabby...but the CPU temp is starting to get up some...

using Air, hits 46c on load. HS is vocano9 with tornado fan on top. waiting for a SLK800 to get here

Also the cpu temp will drop when i turn AC on. Ususally doesnt go any higher then 46 on load.

I wouldn't take it that much more until the SLK-800 gets there...I just went from a V9 to a SLK-800, love it...averages 2c over system temps at idle and about 8c at full load temps over system...you should be able to get another 100+Mhz at lower temps with the SLK...

Will you be using AS3 for thermal compund?

Yes sir thats what i have on it now. Ran prime95 on it for 4 hours and sandra and no glitches or errors. played enterthe matrix and CS and was doing good. So will i decrease in heat when i get Mr Slk?

BIG TIME...:D...when running at 1.75v's on my DLT 1700 (default is 1.5v)...at full load I am lucky if I even see 45c...and this room has no AC and one window...so the room temps stay pretty warm compaired to yours...

And if you really want to test your CPU...try running toast for a few hours...if toast doesn't lock you up after a few hours...you are pretty rock stable...

Dang toast is a tough program after 30 minutes of use computer rebooted on the first time. adjusted the core voltage as people suggest when you get reboots. I took it up from stock 1.65V to 1.675v. I run toast and it doesnt reboot, but when i try to run other programs while running it, it loads programs real slow, am I suppose to run toast by itself? Doesnt reboot just starts acting up. and Termps hit 46c and stay at that temp. it drops from that and goes no higher. gonna leave it here until i get my slk to up speeds.

I've never heard of toast, but i would assume that it is a program that eats danm near all of your cu resources. That is why other applications run so slow.

Back