• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Router Died (i think), have a question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

subconcept

My router just stopped working and the router supplies my moms compf or her office with internet and my comp. My router just stopped working out of the blue and I can only directly connecto to modem.

Is something like this possible:

Yes, that is possible, but you must have Internet connection sharing installed and configured. Also, Tom's computer must be turned on and running in order for Mom's computer to access the internet.

What makes you think the router is dead?

Well my internet was running fine and then stopped. I tied turning power on and off router and modem and nothing worked. So i hooked the modem up directly and it worked.

I tried to get it to work with router again but it wont, now the self test orange let on ym addtron router is always let when it shouldnt be.

Do i need a straight through cable or crossover cable to hook my moms comp to mine.

Back