• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

running Tualatin on CuMine MB w/o Powerleap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
TO ALL

TO ALL:
Another confirmation: the known Tuallie mod works at my friends AbitBE6-IIver1.0 (bios_bh7.0) with MSI-MS6905masterVer2.0 slotket. The mentioned Slotket has on it a chip (greatest surface mount=smd square /7,5x15mm/ one with a lots of legs-pins signed TVC16222 -the same one seen on the PL-370-T of PowerLeap S370 Tuallie converter!
So I think that the only working Slotkets (brand name or not) with this mod are those who have this chip on them, so this could be the breakThru info for finding Slotkets that are working properly before even trying practicaly with them /when searching for them to buy!/
Can you all guys having a working Tuallie on slotkets check please for this chip on your slotkets to confirm this info? Would be very usefull for us others in the future finding a propper slotket! This chip looks like converts AGTL i/o signals from CPU to Slot1 properly.. PLEASE CHECK & POST HERE name & version of a slotket & if this kind of chip has different markings, please give us this markings too if different! TIA !

Since the asus slotket came out long before the lower agtl+ voltage on the tualatin was announced, I doubt the asus is converting it down, but perhaps this chip does make some difference. Hopefully someone in the know will be able to shed a little light on this. I've had no success with a generic slotket, my asus is winging its way to me now.

my friends interesting findings

I have to report my friends interesting findings about OS (W98) behavior: the system is stable, but it becomes fleaky if using Rain2.0 - the soft cooler programm!!! So enabling HLT command on this kind of mod is the reason of somebody having problems with OSes like NT4, W2000 or WinXP (or Linux?) with embeded HLT command & reported need to reinstall OS to achieve stability. We will try to try different soft coolers to reduce heating of the CPU further & will report our findings!

Hey!!

Got my Cel 1100A running on an Abit BX6 Rev 2 MB, using an Asus DL-370 slotket. :)

Running at 1.50 V, 112 FSB, 256MB PC-133, Win2k pro.

I didnt do the AK4-AK26 jumper, just did the VID change with a jumper to 1.6V, and set the slotket jumpers to 1.5, and of course insulated the 3 pins.

Now I have some room to see what it will do. Its on my G/F's PC, so I cant go too crazy with it.

Thanks for all the input everyone has posted here on this subject.

Re: TO ALL

The mentioned Slotket has on it a chip (greatest surface mount=smd square /7,5x15mm/ one with a lots of legs-pins signed TVC16222 -the same one seen on the PL-370-T of PowerLeap S370 Tuallie converter!
So I think that the only working Slotkets (brand name or not) with this mod are those who have this chip on them, so this could be the breakThru info for finding Slotkets that are working properly before even trying practicaly with them /when searching for them to buy!/
Can you all guys having a working Tuallie on slotkets check please for this chip on your slotkets to confirm this info?

Maybe this is why my Iwill Slocket II ver 1.0 doesn't work at all with Tuallies. It has no IC chip at all like that one.

I was able to come across an ABIT Slocket III ver 1.1 today and it has the TVC16222A chip on there as well.

I tried this slocket(with Celeron 1.2) on an old(made in 1998) MSI 440ZX mobo but it wouldn't boot. This motherboard will barely support coppermines but I just think it's too old to work with Tualatins.

I'll try this Abit slocket on my P3B-F in the next few days.

My abit slotketiii does NOT have that chip, but the mod DOES work on it.
I am fsb limited with it to 129 though.

It looks like slotkets with the TVC16222 chip probably have the best chance of success for using a Tually, but there seem to be a few exceptions.

My first try with the 3pin mod was with an Abit Slotket!!! version 1.0, because that is what chosenfool was successful with. Mine was stable at [email protected], on a BE6-2. The slotket has the traces for the chip, but not the chip.

I was successful using a Soyo Sy-370 that doesn't have the TVC16222, with 3 pin mod and a Tually, however, my results with this
slotket are not consistent. I have one that runs a T1.0A at [email protected] on a BE6-2, but others that won't boot at all.

I have found other results that are not consistent, that I can't explain.
I have a 3pin modified Asus slotket that runs fine with one Tualatin, and when I simply replace the Tually with a different one, it won't even boot.
I thought I had killed one cpu this way, until I put it in my TUSI-M Tually board and it ran 11x133!

Anyone else seeing these kinds of inconsistent results?

Last edited:
@ Ruiner:
What model & revision is that your working Abit slotket & if you stated it has no such chip on it; what kind of markings has your bigger chip on it instead if exists (may be smaller with les pins)? Can you share us info?

@ sammy:
Maybe some of your slotkets are a bit damaged, so sometimes works, other times not (seen such kind of problems before!). Also for your slotkets which did not have that particular chip;what kind of markings has your bigger chip on it instead if exists (may be smaller with les pins)?

@ chosenfool I would ask the same questions! TIA !

sammy said:
I have found other results that are not consistent, that I can't explain.
I have a 3pin modified Asus slotket that runs fine with one Tualatin, and when I simply replace the Tually with a different one, it won't even boot.
I thought I had killed one cpu this way, until I put it in my TUSI-M Tually board and it ran 11x133!

Do you want to say, that some of Tualatin's didn't boot whit Asus adapter which have TVC16222A chip?? :eek:

Now I'm concerned :eh?:
I have QDI slotket which doesn't have TVC16222A chip (it have 2 chips LCX07 on it), and I didn't succseed to boot Tualatin on Asus P2B-F (BIOS 1014.002)... so I heard that the problem must be in that chip! So fund that adapter, and order it yesterday... and what if it is not the chip??? :eh?:

Well, can you tell us what series are those who won't boot?

(P.S. I have Celeron 1.0a SL5ZF made in Malay package date12/22/2001)

Please Help!

I have a cellie 1.2A on an asus s370DL (v 1.02) on a be6-2 rev2. I removed the 3 contacts from the slotket, and no boot. The chip gets warm, so I think it is getting power ok. But no video on screen, no beeps. I have flashed to latest bios, but to no avail. Can anyone guide me through the common reasons for no post? Any help greatly appreciated.

Re: Please Help!

Gerry_ie said:
I have a cellie 1.2A on an asus s370DL (v 1.02) on a be6-2 rev2. I removed the 3 contacts from the slotket, and no boot. The chip gets warm, so I think it is getting power ok. But no video on screen, no beeps. I have flashed to latest bios, but to no avail. Can anyone guide me through the common reasons for no post? Any help greatly appreciated.

A few things come to mind

1) You could try connecting pins AK4 to AK26 although I've heard that some people don't need to do that with Asus slockets. I was able to boot without the connection using MSI 6905 ver 2.3 but was not stable until I connected the 2 pins.

2) What did you set the voltage jumpers to on slocket. I believe you should avoid the auto setting and try for 1.5V or something very close to this.

3) Make sure that you set the PPGA/FCPGA jumper to FCPGA and you could also try manually setting the FSB to 100 if you are already trying "auto".

Good Luck

ScorpiX said:

Do you want to say, that some of Tualatin's didn't boot whit Asus adapter which have TVC16222A chip?? :eek:

Now I'm concerned :eh?:
I have QDI slotket which doesn't have TVC16222A chip (it have 2 chips LCX07 on it), and I didn't succseed to boot Tualatin on Asus P2B-F (BIOS 1014.002)... so I heard that the problem must be in that chip! So fund that adapter, and order it yesterday... and what if it is not the chip??? :eh?:

Well, can you tell us what series are those who won't boot?

(P.S. I have Celeron 1.0a SL5ZF made in Malay package date12/22/2001)

I was simply relating my experiences. I have already mentioned in previous posts that I have been able to use several different slotkets, except generic, that worked and do not have the large IC you mentioned, or any thing that looks like an IC on them. The Asus S370DL-133 does have that large chip.

The Tualatin that I thought I had killed is a Retail SL5ZE Phillipines, but I would not come to the conclusion that this was the problem, even though it might seem so.

Here is an example, I posted sometime back, that illustsrates some of the apparent anomalies I've had:
Using Soyo S370, no big IC chip, with the 3pin mod, and Tualatin, in a BE6-2.
It would not boot - tried everything - reset bios different ways, cleared the CMOS, unplugged, etc.,etc., and never booted.
Then I left it for about an hour or so, and when I came back to remove it, I decided to start up one last time - and it booted!!! and ran fine!!!
I don't have any explanation for that or similar instances I mentioned.

@ Gerry_ie:
>try connecting pins AK4 to AK26
with MSi6905ver2.0 did not want to boot without that at my friends BE6-IIver1.0

@ sammy:
exept that Soyo one you stated that you tryed also other Slotkets (exept generic) without that bigger chip & worked: Can you share info about other models /name, model, version.../ that worked? Please!

anyone knows, if this mod will work with an Asus Cuv4x (Socket 370 , Via based motherboard) ?

i mean, did someone try this motherboard out?

thanks a lot.

Spajky2 said:

@ sammy:
exept that Soyo one you stated that you tryed also other Slotkets (exept generic) without that bigger chip & worked: Can you share info about other models /name, model, version.../ that worked? Please!

Spajky2
This was in one of my previous posts:
"To sum up my experience to date:
BE6-2
Celeron/Tualatin 1.0A with AN3, AJ3, AK4 pins removed on the cpu.
Retail heatsink
Win98 - non SE
Abit Slotket!!!, Asus S370DL-133, and MSI 6905 Master
All of these ran stable at [email protected] to 1.75v"

Since then, I have gotten a Soyo to work, but other identical slotkets did not.

DarkGainax
I think there has been a lot of previous discussion about the cuv4x.

I realize it can be tedious, but I suggest it is very worthwhile to review all the previous posts on this topic, page by page.
A lot of smart people have already contributed a lot of time to this subject, so I recommend to all that you search each page for what you want.

It would be easier if the entire thread could be downloaded, but I don't think there is a way to do that.

Last edited:
Back