• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RX 5600 XT VIDEO TDR FAILURE BSOD. atikmpag.sys listed as culprit.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vishera

I'm at my wit's end here. I've been troubleshooting this card for 2 hours. I bought it new on Amazon, and it just...crashes. For seemingly no reason. Either my screen will freeze up and the PC will restart, or I'll get the BSOD I mentioned in the title. I've tried rolling back drivers all the way to 20.2.1, having originally started with 20.7.1, I formerly had a 1050Ti and used Display Driver Uninstaller to remove all traces of the old nVidia drivers. I've tried reinstalling my chipset drivers (I have a 1600AF in a B450 board). I've tried disabling hardware acceleration because apparently that used to be an issue people were getting crashes from with the 5600. I've also tried uninstalling the drivers with DDU and reinstalling them. Sometimes it works for a half hour before crashing, sometimes it works for 2 minutes. I'm just at a loss as to what the issue could be. It's not overclocked, I've set the fan curve to always run the fans at 50%. That's it.

I've heard there's a new BIOS for the cards out there, would flashing it onto my card be worth looking into?

Return it. Personally, for AMD GPUs, I stay with either Sapphire or PowerColor.

I figured it'd be best to just RMA it. A quick question, though; what are the chances my PSU isn't supplying the card with enough power? I had the proper cables for the card, and it's a 600W EVGA unit, the 600BQ to be exact, but from what I've looked up online, my unit isn't exactly the best out there. Unfortunately, I don't have access to another PC to be able to test this in.

could try the new VBIOS, saw a lot of threads elsewhere that fixed issues with flash....flashed mine 1st thing since it was a newer one and have had no issues whatsoever but ymmv:thup:

So I finally got the card back from RMA, and still experiencing almost the same issues. Except now I'm just getting restarts or it stops displaying to the monitor. No more blue screens as of yet.

Gigabyte said they couldn't find anything wrong with it, and they tested it in multiple systems, supposedly. At this point I'm tempted to start looking elsewhere in the system, but nothing else has given me problems. The only thing I could think of is a bad PCIe slot, but my 1050Ti worked in the same slot just fine. I'm at my wit's end here, and I don't know what to do. The return window closed on the Amazon purchase and it's starting to look like I have a $350 (when you factor in shipping costs back to Gigabyte...) paperweight on my hands.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could try?

Back