• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ryzen 7 5700G experience

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pvee

Registered
I'm not a gamer although I have built gaming PC's for friends. The only Game I use is MicroSoft Flight Simulator because I ran A flight Simulator in the USAF many years ago..

So I have been building smaller PC's for my family and friends using AMD cpu's with onboard Graphics.
I built 10 ASROCK Desk Mini's for home use and for a relatives that's into crypto mining. He doesn't use the desk mini's for mining of course, but for general purpose personal PC and support functions for the mining world, using some form of Linux usually.
So I put ryzen 5 5600G cpu's in most of them, Ryzen 5 4600G in three of them and a Ryzen 7 5700G in one of my backup mini's.

I also have a ryzen 7 5700G in my main pc with an Asrock B550/itx motherboard. This one has never showed any flaws.
The graphics capability is fine for everything that we do.

Only problems I have seen, and this has happen a few times through the whole history of the AMD APU's. Most of those problems have been fixed by motherboard updates over the years, The last couple times I seen the video freeze problems, it went away after making a ram change like turning on XMP once and upping the ram speed in one of the ASrock desk mini's. I think just putting in faster ram would have fixed it also. That was one of my early builds that still had 2666 ram in it.
Overall, I am very pleased with the Ryzen 5 5600G and the Ryzen 7 5700G which scores about 24000 on Passmark.

The Asrock Deskmini x300w model is very impressive, Have not had any failures with them., The ryzen 5 5600G can get by with the little cpu fan that come with it for casual use, I even run the cpu fan in silent mode, it still speeds up as needed, but the Ryzen 5 5700g 8 core cpu, I use the Noctua NH-L9a fan that fits in there and it is perfect for that.

AMD APUs are solid lil desktop processors. They put a glass ceiling on gaming, especially with discrete graphics, but, it will pass for a basic machine and web gamer for sure. :)

Edit: I'm surprised these run ms fs well considering the cpu and gpu horsepower it needs with the settings turned up.

Last edited:
I've not used integrated graphics in a lot of years. I have been very happy with AMD with my threadripper 1900x, and my Ryzen 3700x and 5700x. Been solid.

AMD APUs are solid lil desktop processors. They put a glass ceiling on gaming, especially with discrete graphics, but, it will pass for a basic machine and web gamer for sure. :)

Edit: I'm surprised these run ms fs well considering the cpu and gpu horsepower it needs with the settings turned up.

Perhaps the OP is referring to the much older FS: X

Back