• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Safe voltage on a prescott celeron?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NinjaZX6R

RAM Junkie
Hey all,

Just got my motherboard and cpu (celeron D 2.4ghz) and I was wondering what the general rule was for increasing vcore. Stock is 1.3v. I can't get a very high OC with this voltage, so I am now running it at 1.4v stable. What is too high? I am using a Zalman CNPS7000B-alcu and load temps are around 56-58c.

-Collin-

I would suspect that the max is the same as regular P4 prescotts, ie around 1.5v.

hmm...i guess 1.4v is safe then. 3.65ghz is all i can get out of if though. I'm thinking of going 1.45 and trying for 3.7-3.8

-Collin-

Yes, generally no more than 1.5v, depending of course on cooling and load temps. The higher vcore you use with a Prescott, the better your power supply should be too.

1.4-1.45V is a comfortable range, max allowed is 1.55V but since the voltage varies a bit I wouldn't push it too close. 3.6Ghz for that CPU is the best to clock to since that gives you exactly 200Mhz bus clock and Pat enabled. If you clock just a little higher (3.65-3.8Ghz) you actually lose performance since Pat will be disabled. My recomendation is use 3.60Ghz and 200Mhz clock with DDR400 RAM. I'd say 50% increase (2.4G to 3.6G) is a significant overclock - I wouldn't complain.

Back