• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sandy bridge celeron 857 vs AMD E2 - 1800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoBioN

As i am buying a new ultra form factor htpc, i cutted the selection down to 2 different zotac's:

Celeron:

http://www.zotac.com/index.php?page...8&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=100170&lang=en

AMD E2:

http://www.zotac.com/index.php?page...8&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=100266&lang=en

The celeron seems to be best CPU wise. But the Amd better graphics wise.

I need it for : HD playback (silverlight included). Minecraft or other minor games. Internet browsing.

Its going to have a ssd and 8 gb memory installed.

The celeron one is approx: 270$(barebone)
The Amd is approx: 357 $ (barebone)

Can the cheaper celeron do the job? Or should i head for less cpu and more gpu in the more expensive AMD. One thing to take into consideration is that the amd one is a nano size and the celeron is normal sized zbox

This is a tough one, I don't recall any tests done. Showing or talking about the iq of the newer intel video vs the others. Just going on what seems repeatable is that the amd has better iq then the intel. For that fact I would go with the amd setup.

This is a tough one, I don't recall any tests done. Showing or talking about the iq of the newer intel video vs the others. Just going on what seems repeatable is that the amd has better iq then the intel. For that fact I would go with the amd setup.

I tried to google on it. The celeron seems to be quite better at cpu tasks. But the intel hd graphics are hard to find info about. It seems the clock speed differs on some of the celerons. Its only because of the doubtfull intel hd graphics that i dont know what to select. Because the celeron one is cheaper and the better cpu. But thats not always enough when playing HD files and etc.

Its mainly for watching internet tv. Played through silverlight and other players. Also dvd rips. And browsering the internet. But i wouldent mind if it can emulate nintendo 64 games and play minecraft and etc.

In that case the amd CPU is more then enough. If you were doing something that really needed a better CPU the intel would be it. With what your doing even a core 2with a nice gpu would get things done just the same as the amd API.

Back