• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Scythe Susanoo, anyone know load statistics for it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TsunamiJuan

I was looking at frozen CPU's stock earlier, and looks like the have the Gigantic Scythe SUSANOO heatsink in stock, priced around 96$ US. Not bad really but this thing is huge.

Scythe SUSANOO - FrozenCPU

Was wondering if anyone knew load statistics for it? Like a BTU load or something. Scythe doesn't seem to have any specifications on there site yet :\.

Apparently it weighs so much you cannot mount the heatsink directly to the motherboard without it screwing down to the motheboard tray itself during the install process.

Just from the looks it seems have one Glaring flaw though, The massive center deadzone where the four fans meet. Though I think a little time and some Ducting work on this thing and you could really dissapate some real heat.

traditionally scythe heatsink design gets a resounding meh, if you wanna give it a shot, by all mean, go for it.

I guess what i need is more math behind phase change liquids used in these and how they perform, i was thinkint of throwing this on a north bridge or something, not a cpu. But when i really started running numbers and stuff I realized that if your not pushing enough heat to cause the liquid to change states then it will actually perform worse. On theory atleast.

I have no experience with this unit however the long list of installation limits would turn me away fast.

Mandatory Factors

1.Width of the PC case must be 200mm or above (no side fan or air duct should be installed on the pc case)
2.PC case must have the screw holes for square nut in all positions to install the motherboard (in case of using motherboard spacer-free PC Case, this product cannot be installed)
*Upper and lower part of the motherboard needs to be attached with screws
*PC case must come with the square nut of its height being over 7mm
3.Supplemental power connector of the graphic card must face towards the drive(not facing towards side panel)
4.Only compatible with ATX motherboard with 9 point attachment

Conditional Factors

1.If the supplemental power connector of the graphic card is facing towards the side panel of the PC case, one of the following need to be fulfilled in order to install this product.
-distance between the position of the supplemental power connector and the PCI bracket is more than 25cm
-Expansion slot for the graphics card on the motherboard is not covered by this product.

2.Graphic card with unusual cooling devices attached (such as heatpipe) any interfere with this product. In this case, it is recommended to use the motherboard with the expansion slot not covered by this product.
*even the above factors are fulfilled the product installation is not guaranteed. Out website and forum will provide updates from time to time.

Don't most video cards have power connectors facing the side panel these day?

I have no experience with this unit however the long list of installation limits would turn me away fast.

Don't most video cards have power connectors facing the side panel these day?

nvidia's high end cards do, I think ATI/MD's cards face towards the hdd's

Back