• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

second fan header for vrm with h100i?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TagTeam

Registered
Ok guys i havent tried it yet and I dont want it to cause any issues or anything. I have the M5A99fx pro 2.0 MOBO and Im currently using the H100i for my CPU. I have it in the standard config, Im using the splitter that comes with the cooler for my fans on the rad. And i have the pump connected to the primary CPU fan header for the RPM. I'm going to be overclocking my fx-8350 and I want to possibly install an extra fan to get some airflow over the VRM heat sink so I can push the processor a little farther because my MOBOs VRM gets hot. I was wondering if I could utilize my second CPU fan header in this setup for the VRM fan for 2 reasons, my other fan headers are taken and I was hoping this would allow for the fan speed to change based on CPU temps depending on current load. Im not sure if this would affect my cooler or if the fan would even work. Does anyone have any experience or input on this setup?

Back