• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vrm cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thomasfl1

Hello i recently put together a budget PC with the following. Ryzen 5 5600 with the idcooling se 224 xts (tower). Gtx 1660ti. 16 GB ram 3200. Deepcool pm750d. MB Asus prime a320m-k. Case Is antec nx400 (poor airflow). I read this mobo has weak vrm with no heatsinks. Should i add sinks? Should i add a fan pointed towards vrm? Im no tech guy, need some help plz. My case only has 1 fan and that Is the exhaust at the rear. Planning on doing 1080p gaming medium or high settings. Im worried about lifespan of mobo. Any help Is appreciated, thx in advance.

Well, it should be fine with that CPU, but it just runs warm due to a lack of airflow (and heatsinks and the quality of the VRM in general. It won't hurt anything to put a fan across the power delivery.

Hello thank you for your answer. So im going to add a fan pointed towards the vrm then. Should i make it to blow Air into it or exhausting from it? Thanks in Advance.

The lower the temp on vrm the cleaner the power to the cpu,the lower the voltage on the cpu the better your overclock.There are many
good hsf put they all block the air or cooling to the MOSFET vrms etc.and thats why I use a cheap water setup.
last build
WC-9900k@x51-Z390 AORUS Pro-Hyper X+PatriotViper DDR4 4000-970evo plus,HP EX950 M.2 1TB-RX6600 and D5,360 with 6 cheap 2400rpm fans.

Back