• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Second screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DHP

Hello it's me again,

I just hook up a second screen and when I go in the screen resolution I see that W7 recognize the second screen but, the screen is black instead of blue like it usually is and when i put duplicate or expand screen, and hit ok or aply it say's "impossible to save those parameter"

capturedhr.png

How can I have the second screen to be accepted ?

I had this issue a while ago when I first hooked up my third monitor. I think that I ended up fixing it by changing the settings in the AMD Catalyst Control Center, Do you have a third party program for your video card.

I have CCC 12.1 with my 6950

I was just checking CCC and I found that

captureicc.png

the screen on the left is deactivated. As you can see the right screen as the #1 attached to it I would think the other one would have #2 but it's not there.
Edit: I was able to activated the second screen but not while the first one was also.

capturekci.png

I have this message when I try to duplicate the screens
duplication of display on several graphics processors is not supported

ps: only have one 6950

Last edited:
Have you tried setting it up in CCC sometimes the Windows utility doesn't work right.

Idid. And that's the second message I got wich tell me it's not possible.

arf... I was planning to reinstall W7 in a few week's I'm going to do that tomorrow and resinstal everything.. (might as well hu.. I'll see from there)

Are you looking to duplicate the screen or have a separate independent of the first one; Because I believe that the only way that you can duplicate the screens is to set them to the same resolution. The issue you are having may be because the TV does not support the resolution that they primary monitor is set too. If you set them to be independent of each other (extend desktop) it may work.

I try both because I usually need both and I did it before with those two screen and they have the same resolution capabilities so...

I reinstalled W7 and CCC and same trouble I change the dvi plug and it work's...

weird...

thank's anyooh

Back