• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sekisui 5760 Thermal tape on the CHEAP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got a roll even though I do not need it right now, there were times I needed it before and did not have it... so now I am prepared if I need it in the future.

Thanks!

Ive had my roll for over a year now. I still have like 3/4 of it left and I have sent some to Valk and some to Wonderingsoul (even though it was lost in the mail). Its not a mistake. Its a big *** roll of the **** you get.

That is a pretty decent price for that large amount!

I just finished attaching some small heatsinks to the back of my 7900GS using this exact sametape; but I bought mine from LabRat 2 years ago! If a small amount (40") can last me 2 years, then a whole role could be past down generation after generation as a family heir loom!

Crazy deal, if you actually use it. :)

That is a pretty decent price for that large amount!

I just finished attaching some small heatsinks to the back of my 7900GS using this exact sametape; but I bought mine from LabRat 2 years ago! If a small amount (40") can last me 2 years, then a whole role could be past down generation after generation as a family heir loom!

Crazy deal, if you actually use it. :)

haha family heir loom!

i thought i would comment on Bestbyteinc.com. i just ordered my roll and ended up dealing with Barry. he informed me of a way to get cheaper shipping up to Canada and was extremely quick and pleasant to deal with. it was my first time buying from them and i have to say i was quite impressed.

less than $20 shipped to Canada so there will be no duty, taxes or any of that garbage. hell of a deal for a roll this big and the service was great...gets my :thup: :thup:

thanks to downer for helping me out with a lead on the tape before i found this thread, but this thread is a nice help for others.

I just got mine in the mail yesterday. I don't think I'll ever need any more :D

I was having a little trouble with one of my ramsinks not sticking right away. Good thing I'm running a reverse ATX case where the video card is face up. I think the sinks just need to heat up so the tape melts. I had to re-apply the tape to said sink, and the first application peeled off so extremely easily. Plus, this tape is ridiculously thin, I'm fairly certain that it's got the highest conductivity of all the tapes I've used...

:D

How does the Sekisui 5760 compare to this:

Chomerics Thermattach T411 Conductive Tape (For chipsets & processors)
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=58&products_id=20881

or this:

Chomerics Thermattach T412 Conductive Tape (MOSFET, PLL or BGA chips)
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=58&products_id=20882

the only chomerics tape i ever used was like a foil with glue on both sides, it didnt stick worth a dam, didnt like it.

the only chomerics tape i ever used was like a foil with glue on both sides, it didnt stick worth a dam, didnt like it.

I've read similar comments and it looks like you have to apply the tape on both components (a piece on the chip and a piece on the heatsink) you will be attaching. Many of the people who had similar comments only put tape on one if the components.

Not 100% sure on that, but that's what I was getting from reading other comments.

Back