• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Selling my PC how much do you think it should be worth?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BaconFatty

Hello

I'm not sure this is the right place to post this but couldnt find a better so here goes. I want to sell my computer to buy a laptop and I'm not sure how much I should ask for it. The specs are as follows:

AMD Sempron 2800+ 1.6GHZ
512 RAM
64 Nvidia Force MX 440
Lucent Win Modem
Floppy Drive
Lite On 16X DVD+ -R/ + -RW Drive 8.5 Gb Capasity DVD + - R DL Writing
Another DVD rom just reading though no writing
My Cool Case
400 Watt Power Supply
Chintech Socker 754 5.1 Audio 10/100 Mbs ethernet 8 USB 2.0 (2 on board 2 in case already) 1 AGP 8x 5 PCI slots (2 taken my video card and modem) HyperTransport 1600MT/S 2 DDR 400 Slots up to 2 gigs
5 button mouse
Deoblo Multi Media Key Board with back light
Dell 14" Monitor
80 gig HD (With Windows Pro)

How much do you thing this is worth if I sell it on eBay or is there a better place to sell it? Anyone here want to buy it?

Thank you for your help
B-F

BaconFatty said:
Hello

I'm not sure this is the right place to post this but couldnt find a better so here goes. I want to sell my computer to buy a laptop and I'm not sure how much I should ask for it. The specs are as follows:

AMD Sempron 2800+ 1.6GHZ
512 RAM
64 Nvidia Force MX 440
Lucent Win Modem
Floppy Drive
Lite On 16X DVD+ -R/ + -RW Drive 8.5 Gb Capasity DVD + - R DL Writing
Another DVD rom just reading though no writing
My Cool Case
400 Watt Power Supply
Chintech Socker 754 5.1 Audio 10/100 Mbs ethernet 8 USB 2.0 (2 on board 2 in case already) 1 AGP 8x 5 PCI slots (2 taken my video card and modem) HyperTransport 1600MT/S 2 DDR 400 Slots up to 2 gigs
5 button mouse
Deoblo Multi Media Key Board with back light
Dell 14" Monitor
80 gig HD (With Windows Pro)

How much do you thing this is worth if I sell it on eBay or is there a better place to sell it? Anyone here want to buy it?

Thank you for your help
B-F
I would move this post to the classifieds and I bet you will get some pricing requests and estimates.

Dom

i dont know why he recommended that, you would need more posts (3 stars) to get to it

this is a really bad guess..but judging on the price fo a dell..250?

techun said:
i dont know why he recommended that, you would need more posts (3 stars) to get to it

this is a really bad guess..but judging on the price fo a dell..250?

Ouch, I forgot that there was a limit on posting in the classifieds section. My mistake.

Dom

BaconFatty said:
Everything besides the graphic card is within a year old the card is about two years

Which is pretty ancient in the computer world. Once you buy a part, it's out of date.

Depending on how cool the case is, i would say 250-300 shipped.
If only it were a widescreen 14 incher

Ic3d said:
off topic sorry, but I'll quote something you said "brotherman" what is that from haha ? i know it but cant remember.

LMAO.
I think I heard it in a movie somewhere and its on the tip of my tongue. I just cant remember what movie either.

Dom

Back