• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Semi-Complete Opteron Vendors Price List

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looking to order a 165 opty retail in the next few days, searching around for the best deal, monarch had it listed @ 291 lastnight and now it's gone off the site...if anyone spots anything incredibly good (pricewise) please tell!

Yes, it's ridiculous, and I'm still shopping for an Opteron 146. I bought what I *thought* was the last retail 146 from ExcaliburPC to later get an e-mail saying they were sold out. In just a few days the cheapest I could find was $30 more shipped. I'm sure in a few days it'll be even more than that.

It's a pretty hard place to be really. The 3200+ Venice is still a good value cpu, but for someone wanting more you really have to pony up the cash. The San Diago is good, but for that price I thought I should be getting an Opteron. (Which is probably untrue now)

I was looking at a dual core opteron. $300 seems to be the sweet spot, now on monday they will be $40more.

Their pricing strategy worked. I will just buy a 3800.

Well, i bit the bullet (i always do!!) and got the 165 retail from zipzoomfly...listed as $333..free 2nd day shipping, after looking at other places and toying around with getting an oem, decided to stick with a retail, other places had ridiculous shipping charges anyways and would've come within 5-10 bucks of the cost afterwards if not closer, plus some other merchants i'm not too sure of, i've done business with zipzoom in the past when they were still known as googlegear and don't recall any issues...well, now that it's ordered, can't wait!

Well, actually OEM might be a better deal then Retail. You wouldn't need warranty if you OC anyways, since that voids warranty.

Plus, if you get the Retail box, most OCers would want an after market heatsink anyways, so the stock heatsink isn't needed.

Yeah, all depends on how ya look at it, probably won't be oc'ing the chip the first many months of it's life, going to stick with the stock cooler to start as well. I don't mess around with overclocking like I used to...although it seems over the past couple years that I haven't been as active in computer hardware it's gotten a hell of a lot easier...

A lot of these places don't have the 146 in stock but are expecting them soon. Are they all waiting for AMD to release it? If so, when?

What the hell is wrong with the new prices? 347$ for a 165 at flickerdown?!?! They had the best prices and they jacked it up while the same chip is listed as 286$ at monarch...
I think I missed my window :banghead:

tom10167 said:
As it stands the 144 at ZZF is $209 and the 146 is $189.

WTF!

The 144 is in-stock, 146 is back-order. I'm sure when they get the 146 in they'll jack up the price.

It's kinda sad, but if you don't have an Opteron now or very soon it looks like you won't want one after these price hikes. Hopefully they'll go back down in a few months, but by then something better will probably already have come out.

Back