• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opteron Socket 939 Model List

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There isn't... but maybe they will come out with something.

The X2 Athlons only go up to 2.4ghz (200x12), so I don't know if any 13x+ multis will come out on the dual-cores just yet. It's just a placeholder b/c I feel like they will have something (if I'm completely wrong, then correct me).

Mooyo said:
I believe they actually have different names. I believe the single cores are Venus and the dualies Denmarks.
The s940 1xx are, but s939 AFAIK are still San Diego and Toledo.

The s939 opterons are diegos single-core and toledos dual-core. I'm almost positive. They just have different names b/c they are opterons.

1mb cache s939 = diego --> opteron: venus
2x1mb cache s939 = toledo --> opteron: denmark

I updated the list and prices. You can see which ones are "price gouging" by the going rates that I made.

It took a while to average up numbers and whatnot, so I gave up with the opt 152 and 154s... it varied too much.

Someone help me out if it's wrong, or if you have the rates for the 152 and 154 opties... I did those quickly and guessed a lil.

gvblake22 said:
Frickin' Price Gougers!!!! :mad:

I think it would be worthwhile for you to put in AMD's retail prices for these chips for comparison...
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,30_118_609,00.html?redir=CPT301

Model 144 $111
Model 146 $125
Model 148 $213
Model 150 $321
Model 152 $799

Dual-Core Model 165 $278
Dual-Core Model 170 $367
Dual-Core Model 175 $475
Dual-Core Model 180 $799

That is crazy, $111 for a 144 and some places are charging upwards of $200+

I though about putting AMD's retail prices, but I just didn't know where to fit it.

It seems to me that the opteron dual-cores are not overpriced much, except for the 165.

Basically, the opteron 144 and 146 are insane, and the opteron 165 as well. The opteron 148 isn't so bad if you think about it... and the 150-154 not enough people buy to raise the price even more!

Should I make bullets? I don't want the list to have to be scrolled too much.

What you think?

g0dM@n said:
Should I make bullets? I don't want the list to have to be scrolled too much.

What you think?
Besides those insane current prices, I think it looks great! :santa:
A very good quick reference resource.

Nice work as always, g0dM@n. Hopefully, those insane prices may bring some folks to their sanityand keep them from continuing the buying frenzy that has helped to make them so high.

rseven said:
Hopefully, those insane prices may bring some folks to their sanityand keep them from continuing the buying frenzy that has helped to make them so high.
Indeed. I'm crossing my fingers!

Nexus Realized said:
Looks good, Opty 150 needs going rate price.
I need help! I just don't have the time right now, lol... It took me a while to get all of those figures, and they may not be perfect.

If anyone sees anythign wrong with my #s, do tell me and correct me.

Someone wanna help me with the prices that I've missed out on, like the 150-154? :)

Just thought I'd mention that the going rates on the opterons north of the boarder seem to be closer to the Suggested retail ATM. There is a bit of a problem with availability, but sofar not a big problem, otherwise our prices are pretty close. I just picked up my 170 for what comes to 390USD.

X2 3800 variants:

ADA3800DAA5BV Manchester E4

ADA3800DAA5CD Toledo E6

These both have 512k per core however the Manchester has only 512k native L2/core while the Toledo has half of its 1MB cache/core disabled.

The indications are that the Toledo OCs better but the Manchester uses less power.

Back