• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seti Bar and Grill OPEN!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cuper

Hey guys,

Well, after getting shut down because the cops came in a found Yodums passed out behind the bar from Jack when I asked him to tend bar till I can jump online and order a new PC to crunch seti on, I am finally open again!

YODUMS IS HEREBY BANNED!!!! :D

Anyhoo, so what has everyone been doing? I have been pretty busy learning how to burn dvds of home movies and editing them. I am looking at buying a Xeon duallie or another XP/MP duallie. I would like to decrease the time it takes me to make the video as I have many to transfer. :) I might be hitting up on a couple of members here about Xeon's.;) Trying to figure out if the 533's are that much faster than the 400's. I also need to fend Katelin off, sheesh, she keeps coming!!

So tell me what you are up to and feel free to put any orders in. I am either in the back tweeking or tending bar!:)

Oh ya, we have a new special today, a :beer: and a side order to Team Switzerland for just 2 work units

august - got a fresh batch of natty in this morning!!! Here ya go:beer: Don't worry about Yodums,if he gets in I can send him to the new play pen in the back that I set up;):D:D

Will was on here a day or two ago. I think I'll just have something in between - how about a newcastle brown please.

TC- Good choice!!!:beer: Man haven't had one of those in a long time! One for me too:D:beer:

Greg - you just standing cause this is a no standing zone, what can I get ya???

Racecar, you out there? Come on man we need you.:) I got a double order of frogs legs waiting for ya! Seasoned to perfection!

Glad you all think of me. I have been extremely busy these days and find myself with only 15min of pc time during teh evenings. I miss the bar and grill time and also miss playing with new hardware and serious overclocking. But I do enjoy my new life and browse here as often as I can. You guys are the best.;)

I'll take an order of frog legs and a smirnoff ice please:cool:

Are you sure Yodums was drinking "Jack"? I didn't think that it came in PINK and with a little umbrella and piece of tropical fruit no doubt!

Oh well. live and learn.

I've only got a few minutes, I'll have a lager and legs please. You may as well set up the house on my 15000 milemark.

Good Luck!
FRANK

I'll take an oreo milkshake please! umm Yummm. Milkshake .... ahh uh oh <presses hands to head cause of brain freeze headache >

Cuper, just for fun I priced a dual dell xeon, dual 2.4ghz, 36 gig scsi hd, 256 ddr, $999. Seemed like a good price. Come on over to the SMP forum for more discussions .... my current rec is the MSIk7D, with MP modified XPs ... real cheap, real fast, real DUAL.

How many machines do you have, how crucial is your video, and can you stand linux? :) I used to have a couple linux rendering programs that would farm out work to other linux nodes on the network. (render farm) BUT, the program itself was not too user friendly, incredibly powerful, but too many options, I had trouble finding just the "copy from source A, render to disk D" commands.

BUT, it is fast as SHT if you are really doing serious rendering.

Later all!

I'll just have a few glasses of water, and a whole watercooling kit to dump it in if you have one :D

Well, as many of you now know, I just installed SETI on my P1-100@133, and am going to stick it onto another P1 system (..of unknown speed..) and get another 2WU/2days possibly :rolleyes:

I wish I had a (descent) network going here though. Then I could just tell all the clients to connect to my cache on the gateway and it would be as "fire-and-forget" as my two main systems. Oh well, I can make a few deals with Yosk for networking parts and get this thing running good!

JigPu

Glad to see the oasis reopened.

hello everyone, I'll take my stool at the end of the bar and I'll be having a "Leffe Radieuse" or a "Rochefort",

Sorry for the delay!!

racecar - I see that Katelin got you the frogs legs and fogot the smirnoff:( Here ya go:beer:

Greg - How were the legs?? Here is another Guiness on the house:beer:

FRANK - Here is the long overdue bucket
wings.gif
, sorry about that, and here is a special homebrew lager that I just finished up brewing:beer:

none1 - here is your milkshake:beer: SORRY for the delay!!

Last edited:
JigPu - here is the water but the kits won't be in till the morrow. Stick around looks to be busy here later;) Good Luck on the crunching powerhouse!!

pap - sorry all I got is Rochefort :beer:

Unknown person - hey, has anyone ever told you that you would look a little like Yodums without the pink dress and matching pink bow in your air? Anyhoo, sorry man all I got is milkshakes left:( here ya go:D

Mictlan - WOOT WOOT!!!! Congrats!! :beer::beer: Thanks!

none1 said:
I'll take an oreo milkshake please! umm Yummm. Milkshake .... ahh uh oh <presses hands to head cause of brain freeze headache >

Cuper, just for fun I priced a dual dell xeon, dual 2.4ghz, 36 gig scsi hd, 256 ddr, $999. Seemed like a good price. Come on over to the SMP forum for more discussions .... my current rec is the MSIk7D, with MP modified XPs ... real cheap, real fast, real DUAL.

I just put together a couple of months ago a dual XP-MP2000 machine which works great. The thing is that it takes 1:05 to take 22 minutes of .avi to .mpeg (dvd compliant) transfer. If I could get that down to around 45 minutes that would be huge. I have searched the forums for info on how much better the 533 mhz Xeon's are over the 400 and haven't come up with much. I have read that the cache is really what sets it apart but still there is little that is talked about Xeon crunchers prob. due to the cost. Anyhoo, I like the AMD so much that I have decided to use it for my main PC and get a Xeon for the vid. editer which should show a marked improvement. I just don't know if it is going to be the amount that I would deem acceptable to spend for the Xeons. I could just mod mine to a 2400 and pick up a little:)

I will post over there when I get some more free time. I have been very busy of late.

Oh ya, sorry for the 3 posts in a row.:) Just wanted to get all the smiles in;)

Hehe I'll have a vodka and redbull thanks bartender :D

I was also looking at our team stats and we are about to overtake SETI switzerland, bye swiss dudes! ;) Switzerland fact - It used to be illegal to slam a car door there! Or so I heard...

Ive just logged off all of my extra crunchers for this week as thats half term over :( so back to around 40WU's per day, although Im thinking of installing the screensaver on all the network PC's to get a few extra WU's

Take it easy people and have a good weekend :)

Back