• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

shockwave for linux?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stogierogy

Registered
just curious as to what can you use for shockwave for linux mandrake. i saw something on the shockwave site but it was only
compatible with netscape, but i use opera. thanx

Stogie

Don't quote me on this but I *think* Opera can make itself nearly compatible with Netscape. (Or is it Galeon?)

thanx for all the help. after much hairpulling i think i got it to work. i just copied the 2 files (shockwaveclass,
and libplayer.so. or whatever) into the plugin directories for netscape and mozilla. why cant you just drag and drop in konqeror?? it kept saying (access denied, could not write to etc.etc..............meaning that directory.
is that because you HAVE to do it in a terminal logged is as root?? cuz thats the way i did it.
also, how would i know for sure if it worked? sure the site i go to loads ok now, but is there a good site to test the flashplayer and whatnot ....?

im liking mozilla better than most other browsers now at the moment. it renders nicer. thanx for the continued help
as always.

Stogie

Back