• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

should I raid my motherboard???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theyurch

Good day all.
Having enough trouble trying to decide what brand MB to go with. When I do decide I'm don't know if I should go with the raid or non-raid version.
Can all of the IDE controllers be used independently when not in the non raid format? Any thoughts?
I'm leaning towards the ABIT KT7A (Raid or non raid) I'm new to overclocking so if there are any other solid options, please let me know.
What's up AMD taking abit off their "list" Should I let that affect my decision??

Peace.

ty

MB (undecided)
CPU (undecided)
ATI all-in-wonder raedon
Toshiba 16x dvd
HP cdrw 8x16x32
Quantum 40gb 7200 100ATA
Crucial 128mb cas2

I believe you can use all the IDE controllers... At least i hope, cause id like the same thing. You might want to consider Iwill's boards too, they're very good.

got_yogurt (Mar 04, 2001 10:21 a.m.):
I believe you can use all the IDE controllers... At least i hope, cause id like the same thing. You might want to consider Iwill's boards too, they're very good.

I've been thinking about the Iwill 266k-r. Sounds like the KT7's have a few more problems, but then again, it sounds like there are quite a few more of the KT7's out there, so I don't know. I keep switching back and forth. Where's the best place to buy from? Looks like newegg.com has a good deal with free 2 day FedEx shipping. I have everything but the MB and cpu, but I think I'll buy this week. That's if I can make up my mind. Thanks for the reply.

ty

Back