• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should RAID drives show up in the bios?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC Noob

When I plug them into the IDE 1 and 2 ports they show up when booting, but when plugged into the RAID IDE ports they don't show up.

It is an 8k3a+ w/ out any OS on the drives. Do I need to install the RAID controller (drivers) before they will show up in the bios?

Thanks

I don't know about onboard raid, but pci raid cards do not show the drives in the bios at all. You most likely have to enter some raid setup utility.

They will not show up in the MoBo BIOS. They will show up in High Point BIOS(or whatever RAID Controller chip) by pressing CTRL + H(or whatever you manual says). Have you tried looking in the manual to see how to do it?

The manual said to set them up when W2k asks for installation of 3rd party RAID drivers (during the W2k install).

I just figured I'd ask before going any farther to save myself the fustration if they were supposed to show up in the bios (it didn't say much about that in the manual).

Thanks.

Ya know that you are going to have to stripe(configure) those drives in your controller screen before 2K will see those drives and let you instal.
Also on some MBs with built in controllers you also have to go into the bios and enable boot to raid and sometimes enable the onboard raid controller before you can get into/see the raid setup screen.

Last edited:
Back