• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Show your phenom support!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That makes me think, games and rendering should look sweet. These results mean that K10 may not look good on some of the benches but how will is perform in the real world where the int, float, jump and data move instructions play a normal role. AMD invested heavy in technology that off loaded some of the burden on the instruction processor where int is preformed improving caching tech, decoding, stack operations that game run heavy on and floating point. You might want the AMD for the latest games and servers. Back in the day game were written to avoid FLOPs in order to avoid the drag caused by the FPU. Today the graphics engines are mostly FP. The question is, do the games still do a lot of heavy INT calcs?

On the engineering side, the next big move for AMD should be to improve the instruction processor (IPU).

The question is, do the games still do a lot of heavy INT calcs?

Judging from the C2D lead in games I would say int still dominates, hopefully it changes as well with the games being designed for multicore, but games benefit the most from the new core optimizations so they might turn it around.

I like your logo better than AMD's for some reason. Maybe its the swooshiness (technical term ;)) of the shooting star :D. Nice job.

phenom is my next chip, as my dual core opty is going to be 2 years old soon...

time to switch the avatar...

Man, I'm AMD all the way, but what the heck is that thing in the logo? And how many millions did they pay to a marketing company to invent the silly thing? Sorry, I'll stick with my avatar and hope AMD changes the logo.

AMD Phenom to be available in small scale by October
From our friends in the industry, it is said that small quantities of Phenom processors should be available on sale as early as October.

There is no mentioning of the model and the price and exact availability date.
Looks like we will have to wait.

Source

5924_large_amd_promises_performance.png

Back