• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Small review on Unionsine and HIKSEMI and JEYI ssd enclosure's.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wade7575

Registered
I have been using Unionsine HIKSEMI and JEYI enclosure's for a while now and I have been enjoying how cheap they are and also how well they function and I thought I would share my findings with the forum.

I remember reading something about 2 years ago or a bit more about Unionsine and the article said that they make enclosure's and other usb related product's for other company's,they make some if not all of Sabrents Orico HIKSEMI and YOTTAMASTER'S enclosure's for them.

With the Unionsine and HIKSEMI enclosure's they are both the same with one small change to the board on the HIKSEMI in the upper right corner and it's a square shaped part and the enclosure's styling is a bit different.

They also both feature Realtek RTL9210B usb controllers that are 10Gbps and I tested the enclosure's using Sabrent Rocket 4.0 ssd's an got 712mb's from both enclosure's using usb 3.2 gen 2 port on the backpanel of my mobo and I transferred 50GB files,I prefer to see real world result's.

All 3 enclosure's come with extra screw's a screw driver wrist strap and thermal pads plus 2 usb cables a usb A to C and a C to C cable.

The JEYI comes with a JMS 583 10Gbps usb controller and was also tested the same way with the same Sabrent ssd and I got 712mb's from it as well.

If I had to choose a winner between all 3 of these enclosure's I would choose the JEYI because the aluminum back panel is thicker and the walls of the enclosure's is also thicker over the Unionsine and HIKSEMI enclosure's.

The back panels on the Unionsine and HIKESMI are 1.20mm and the wall thickness of the enclosure is also 1.25mm,the JEYI's back panel is 1.91mm thick and the wall thickness is 3mm.

The Unionsine and HIKSEMI enclosure's are 106mm L 31mm W 10mm D,the JEYI is 103 L 28mm W 10.5 D

The other thing I like better about the JEYI is that it use's a back panel that has a tab and you set it on and slide it ahead a bit and then put the screw in and I found the thermal pads made better contact with the back panel plus with the back panel,I know with Unionsine and HIKSEMI they come with a slide on back panel or a set on one with a tab that's slid ahead and I don't know which is the new standard,also the screw is bigger that holds the JEYI's back panel on.

You can't go wrong buying any 3 of these enclosure's if you can live with 1000mb's speed's,the Unionsine and HIKSEMI enclosure's are not flimsy or weak by any means but if you want to carry an ssd in your back pocket and sit on a hard surface it may get a dent but if used around your house and normally you will be happy with them.

I didn't have the packaging anymore and the screw driver and red thermal pad's came with the JEYI enclosure and all 3 enclosure's come with exactly the same cables.

Incase anyone wants longer cables I use these cables and they have never given me an once of trouble and they are braided.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...order_list.order_list_main.114.51971802WijvY5

The reason I choose these enclosure's is because when you look at the cost of Orico's enclosure's and they are just rebranded or changed a bit to suite them I'm not willing to pay the extra money when I can get these enclosure's off aliexpress for 16 to 18 bucks Canadian with free shipping why not.

I want to be clear I have nothing to do with any of the company's mentioned and I'm just passing along my finding's.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....order_list.order_list_main.40.51971802WijvY5

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....order_list.order_list_main.22.51971802WijvY5

DSC_0043.jpg DSC_0041.jpg DSC_0048.jpg DSC_0045.jpg DSC_0047.jpg DSC_0046.jpg

Back