• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

YOTTAMASTER 20Gbps enclosure review.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wade7575

Registered
I picked up 2 Yottamaster 20Gbps enclosure's because in the next year or so I'm planning on building a new rig that will have 20Gbps or higher speeds for the usb port's.

I got these enclosure's because they are only 29.99 usd right from Yottamaster and are more on aliexpress,I ordered them on the Sept 11 and they showed up on the 20th and they were shipped by 4PX which is pretty quick from what I have found in the past using 4PX.

The package is pretty good on these for being made in China,there is a thin plastic tray that holds the enclosure and the thin plastic tray goes inside a heavy plastic box and then the cardboard sleeve goes over the heavy plastic box and is then plastic wrapped.

You get a usb cable that has usb C on each end of the cable and then a usb C to A adaptor that is attached and can't be taken off so it can't be lost,you also get rubber plug's that hold the end of the ssd down and aluminum heat and thermal pad plus a screw driver.

The usb controller is an Asmedia ASM2364 and it came with older firmware and I downloaded new firmware that Yottamaster emailed to me and updated it with no problems.

From my test's using a usb 3.1 gen 2 port off my mobo and a Sabrent Rocket 4.0 I got 721mb's speeds.

The only 2 things I don't like about this enclosure is the way the end of the ssd is held down with a rubber plug and I thought I still had a bunch of small screws laying around but I don't and the one I had was to long and I had no nut for it either,I ordered 2mm and 2.5mm flat head screws and checked the max length I could go without hitting the back panel of the enclosure.

I'm going to use a screw and a thin nut and washer's put up threw the bottom of the pcb and use a nut's and washers to to set the height of the ssd and a nut on the top side of the ssd's pcb to hold it down,I don't trust the rubber plug's that go threw the pcb with the extra weight of the heatsink as well plus with the plugs being rubber if you pull them out they may get ruined,once I get the screws and the length I used I will post here.

The other thing I found is that the heatsink is supposed to just sit on the thermal pad that goes onto the ssd,you could use zip ties or something like that to hold the heatsink down,I have spare thermal pad's of different thickness and I'm going to use 2 small squares of it to go between the heatsink and the back panel.

Also the enclosure didn't come with any thermal material to to on the Asmedia controller which is no big deal,I have a bunch of different thickness thermal material and I'll add a peace when I install the screw to the pcb.

Aside from the way the ssd is held down and the heatsink issue I'm happy with this enclosure and it's bigger and heavier then most as well,I'm sure the rubber plug would work fine but I'd rather have something like a screw that I will know isn't going to break.

DSC_0006.jpg DSC_0007.jpg DSC_0010.jpg DSC_0013.jpg

Last edited:
Back