• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So I bought a TT lcs...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Most of the parts came in. The apogee gt does have a backplate but no springs, just a spacer. So while it will work I'm glad I'm getting the thermalright backplate. The swifttech 120.3 isn't a perfect match for the door mounting. The screw holes are 1/3 to 1/2 of a hole further away from the outside. I'm not sure what to do about that yet, but when I do there will be pictures. Hose routing should be fun once that gets in.

I would like to point out how handy that drive bay drawer is for storing screws.

Most of the parts came in. The apogee gt does have a backplate but no springs, just a spacer. So while it will work I'm glad I'm getting the thermalright backplate. The swifttech 120.3 isn't a perfect match for the door mounting. The screw holes are 1/3 to 1/2 of a hole further away from the outside. I'm not sure what to do about that yet, but when I do there will be pictures. Hose routing should be fun once that gets in.

I would like to point out how handy that drive bay drawer is for storing screws.

That's exactly what I use the Drive bay drawer for!

All my parts are in and I have one major road block. Mounting the radiator. I cant screw it in because it is bigger outside the screw holes than the stock radiator so they don't line up with the brackets. I don't want to gorilla glue it in because I want it to be able to come back out someday.

I could possibly thread some stainless steel wire through the holes and twist it for a ziptie like effect but I was hoping someone here might have a better idea.

If you remove any "brackets" you can just stand the radiator in the front of the drive bays. You MIGHT have a little wiggle rom on the side,s but you can just some some padding (foam, rubber, whatever) to make it a snug fit.

Check the link in my sig for a pic of a heater core placed in the front of an Armor (same chasis as the kandalf)

The whole idea was to keep the radiator in the door. I'm not sure about tube routing and whether to go upside down or get some 90s and go along the side like the stock tubes did. But either way I want the radiator in the door.

The brackets I'm talking about are here. the swiftech rad is wider and the little tabs aren't long enough.

Back