• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So, who wants to have the fastest folding rig ever?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
guys keep in mind, its just the chip that costs 17K you will need a probably pretty expensive mobo and all that stuff to go with it :(

actually my room is not large enough for 16 grand worht of durons id have to move out and into the basement.

according to my calculations and using the rough estimate that an AMD Athlon XP 2100+ does around 200 PPD:

This chips has around 1,000,000% more FPU; This roughly equates to around 12,000,000 PPW....

O M G................................................................ /me wants one real bad.

so, if they were like 40 bucks and evveryone bought them to makes farms, would the F@H project be completed? or is it one of those things that dosent end?

well if everbody's farm/borged rigs ran these than we could quite possibly finish every workpacket in existance with a week or two, :D

modenaf1 said:
O M G................................................................ /me wants one real bad.

so, if they were like 40 bucks and evveryone bought them to makes farms, would the F@H project be completed? or is it one of those things that dosent end?

Yeah, F@H supposedly will never end, at least, not in the far-reaching-near-future (at least not within our lifetimes).

BTW Modena, what is with you and stars? lol
When I PM'ed you last, you had I think 4, maybe 5 stars, now what is it, 7, 8?

Crazy, man

</thread jack>

F@H Will never end as JoT said, at least not in our lifetime, or if people stop creating new problems with proteins and their structures. I bet what we know now of proteins and their structures isn't even 10% of whats in our body....F@H will probably keep going on, as people/animals evolve so will the proteins and their structure I would think....but don't quote me on it haven't hit anything past Biology :cool:

Fold and Frag on
Brian

Penguin4x4 said:
according to my calculations and using the rough estimate that an AMD Athlon XP 2100+ does around 200 PPD:

Not even half of that. My XP1700 OCed to 215/2260 was good for about 80ppd or just under 600ppw running 24/7. That's with a 99% FAH CPU and system resource share compared to the rest of the running services and apps.

Audioaficionado said:

Not even half of that. My XP1700 OCed to 215/2260 was good for about 80ppd or just under 600ppw running 24/7. That's with a 99% FAH CPU and system resource share compared to the rest of the running services and apps.

Mkay, but 400-500,000 PPW is still freakin incredible, :D

The CS301 works as a supplementary component to a regular processor. A chipset carrying one or two of the chips can be plugged into a normal PC like a graphics card and perform intensive calculations on behalf of the machine's normal processor. The chip is also very power-efficient, consuming only three watts and ClearSpeed is working on a version for laptop computers.

64-bit PCI, maybe?

From what I've seen thus far of the Overclockers' website and forum (and the Overclockers themselves), I would venture to guess there will be several of these things running beyond advertised capacity a month shy of commercial release. And at least half of those will be glowing in the dark or sporting little plastic space men to boot.

17k is not that outlandish...

Figure you were some liberal, hippy, "Save the Trees", Apple Computer lover and you wanted to buy 3 of thier newest computers... Yup, for the price of 3 Apple computers you could have a PC that is 1,000,000% more efficient.

(Not that Apple lied or anything about how they have the fastest computer out there anyway. :rolleyes: )

Back