• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Solid Z690 board images

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Some look pretty!

Anything over a 8-pin is optional, even on Z690. Maybe those are needed in HEDT land where wattage is higher, but these won't require more than the 8-pin.

If I remember right, solid-pin 8-pin connectors can do 480W each, which is tons. And totally nuts if you double them up. It's kinda silly, but it does feel like hooking up something powerful when plugging in all these 12V connectors to fuel everything.

And then what happens? My CPUs sit idling most of the time anyway, with my water pump pulling more power than the CPU. :rolleyes:

I like the Z690 Extreme board. No fluff, still has the beefy VRM sinks and back I/O panel. Clean layout.

Z690 Extreme somehow looks like Z590 Extreme, and it wasn't so great when I was testing it. Let's say above average but nothing special. Still more than enough for most users but not as close to Taichi or higher models as it was in previous generations. I hope that ASRock prepares good BIOS for these mobos. I just see they are starting to save where they shouldn't.
In Z590 most brands were skipping additional tuning as they were already working on Z690, so I hope that we won't be beta testers again and get fully stable/problem-free motherboards.

Except for Taichi, Extreme, and Steel Legend, everything else is meh. I have no idea why there are so many models (and this list is probably much shorter than the final release). I bet that Gigabyte will have even more motherboards on their list.

I wait for MSI as they seem to be the most convincing recently. ASUS support was holding my CHVIII Impact for 3 weeks and now is forcing me to pay for the damage I didn't cause so they lost a customer.

Looks like onboard Wi-Fi is not an option as all these boards have a dedicated M.2 for Wi-Fi.

EDIT: Actually, looks like the Taichi is the only one with onboard Wi-Fi.

exactly the same as in Z590 ... I just can't see anything really new except for what is inside the chipset

Back