• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sound card/speaker reccomendations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

seer33

well I play games like counter-strike and UT2K3, and I've been lookng to upgrade from my sb live! soundcard and some pos 2 set labtec speakers...I'm probably going to be using my headset about 60% of the time on it, so nothing to fancy is necessary, but it would be nice to hit my plantronics speaker/headset switch to listen to music or watch a movie or soemthing

i was looking at the m-audio revolutions, and the audigy 2's

not really too sure about the speakers...anyhelp?

well newegg keeps jacking the price of the revolution. was 90 just days ago now its 110. so i'm not sure if thats really a good deal anymore. certainly it would sound good but the price hike is unneccesary. you could probably get it elsewhere for around 90-95 bucks.

not sure about speakers. i use headphones 99% of the time.

I've come to the conclusion that the santa cruise, m-audio revolution, and audigy 2 cards are on the same playing field...the reason i'm gonna get the audigy 2 is because of the live drive, and more importantly the software bundle and ability to plug my guitar into my computer

what about speakers...the 680's are appealing...but might put a hole in meh wallet...plus i only use speakers less then 1/2 the time im on the computer, so I'm not sure with what to go with speaker wise.

k, now my dilema is..if i got 4.1 or 5.1 speakers, where would i place them...you see my desk is in the left corner of my room...so the left and ight speakers would be next to the monitor or above on my desk, while the center one would be ontop the monitor, but about the rear speakers...if i mounted them in the corners the left one would be like directly behind me while the back right speaker wuld be diagonol across the room...so any ideas on placement of these speakers?

Maxvla said:
well newegg keeps jacking the price of the revolution. was 90 just days ago now its 110. so i'm not sure if thats really a good deal anymore. certainly it would sound good but the price hike is unneccesary. you could probably get it elsewhere for around 90-95 bucks.

not sure about speakers. i use headphones 99% of the time.

I just ordered it from CompuUSA and it was only $99 retail. and it is $120 if you want to get it directly from M-Audio, so i guess newegg is right in the middle of the pricing.

Back