• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SP's AMD build!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's a good chart much like RGones.

I'd like to see them back to back for comparison purposes. Should be close I imagine?

Thanks Mandrake4565!

I don't know if you've ever seen it but AMD had a performance tuning guide for the FX, I do not think it's on their website any more but I'll post it. View attachment 163401 That chart is from page 19, the whole PDF is a pretty good read.

Indeed. I downloaded that PDF before I even got the setup in! :D
Ha! My Vcore is in between the air cooling and extreme section lol.

Maybe that grey space is water cooling???

Indeed. I downloaded that PDF before I even got the setup in! :D
Ha! My Vcore is in between the air cooling and extreme section lol.

Maybe that grey space is water cooling???
Actually I remember telling you about the Fx overclocking guide SP I was wondering if Shrimpy had seen it.

Ya ManDrake I've seen it. Have the PDF somewhere.

But it does me personally no justice. The Pstate on my 9590 at 4450mhz is running a voltage suggestion of 1.5250v and carries this voltage all the way to max pstate turbo of 5ghz.

The guide is pretty explanatory for most people on the other hand, but ignored by most people as you see it's not easily found on the net even at AMDs site.

CPU/NB 1.65v nets 4.2ghz NB clocks?? I don't think this would be possible without raising The NB core voltage value from 1.1v to at least 1.35v if not more than that.

HT reference clock is going to be heavily dependent on how the Cpu and board like each other, you don't see to many people over 400 clocks.

The memory voltage on that chart seems accurate.... but for what ram and timings used?

I'm saying these general figures are good to look at, but the helpfulness is moderate in level as there is some missing information. In other words, it helps to a point, the rest is self trial and error.

the rest is self trial and error.

Yes it is.

I've settled on these clocks for gaming/daily use.
CnQ is also enabled to keep it well, cool 'n quiet :p
5.05Ghz.PNG

I think it's prime stable, thermal protections get triggered since I set the warning level to 80C socket, just incase the pump ever fails.
But it's fine for gaming which is what matters. Temps never hit 62C package while gaming.

Case is holding up, loop, well kinda. I have a small evaporative leak somewhere. I loose maybe 2 drops of water a night.
I'm considering a new case, one that is easier to use PEX in, no flexing of the PEX just straight cuts and 45's. I don't know though, I just built this one.

That's so much voltage... 1.66 for 5.0, surely those chips don't need that much. You're using p95?

I know I have an awesome chip, but 5.0 p95 stable is 1.41 volts for me. I feel something isn't right

What voltages were you hitting? Just seeing 1.6+ kinda smacks me in the face a little bit is all

IMO, not worth it for a daily driver. It will live a short life.
Kick that back down to 4.7-4.8 at a more reasonable voltage, and bang it back up when you need to bench.
My 8320 only needed a tick less than 1.5v for 5 gig daily.

Dial back to 4.8?

Then there was NO point in watercooling.
I built the loop so I could run 5Ghz daily and 5Ghz+ for benching.

I knew full on testing with the loop that the voltage required for 5Ghz was very high, I'm fully aware of that.

This chip is below average for overclocking, it needs one notch higher in terms of voltage to run the same clocks as some other chips I've found. RGone's chart showing the Vcore comparison between an 83xx and a 6300 shows this. I need 2 bumps higher Vcore to run the clocks in the chart after 4.5Ghz.

I could of course, roll the dice and buy a new 6300. Or even downgrade to a 4300 since I don't really need more than 4 cores ever.
Possibly even lap the IHS. I noticed some dry spots on the IHS after I removed the D14 from it...

The loop is only half the equation... having a decent chip to run the frequency you want at decent voltages is the other part. You can run it that high, but you do risk, at minimum, shortening its lifespan a fair amount.

I don't recall temps being an issue, so I am not sure why you would lap.

Good luck to you. :)

Dial back to 4.8?

Then there was NO point in watercooling.
I built the loop so I could run 5Ghz daily and 5Ghz+ for benching.

NO no no.......that was not your intention when you WC'd.
You wanted to see 5 gig......I assumed for benching. You said nothing about 5 gig daily.
I would have told you then, 5 gig daily is a very lofty goal and not to bother.

NO no no.......that was not your intention when you WC'd.
You wanted to see 5 gig......I assumed for benching. You said nothing about 5 gig daily.
I would have told you then, 5 gig daily is a very lofty goal and not to bother.

I saw, and now I want. Is my dilemma....

Wont having cool 'n quite help with lifespan though?
Throttling back instead of running 5Ghz full blast 24/7 surely will help no?

That was my assumption on it...

Back