• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

spywarekills.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You have an old version of AdAware. The latest is 1.06. Also be sure to check out SpySweeper and Spyware Doctor, both very good at removing malware.

A link to HijackThis! and/or CWS Shredder couldn't hurt either!

the ms one doesnt detect some items that adaware catches up on . you should use both of them in case one doesnt catch something that the other is all over.

amer1337 said:
the ms one doesnt detect some items that adaware catches up on . you should use both of them in case one doesnt catch something that the other is all over.

Ditto.

See I found the opposite, I have Adware Pro (the one you pay for not SE) and it didn't detect over 20 objects and instances the MS did. But your advice is right, using multiple clients is the best, because they can't find find everything.

shellshock said:
The microsoft one is the best IMO, thats all I use, and I stay spyware free, even with using kazza

i agree it gets more than adaware, i heard ms is gonna pay 500mil to buy the company that makes adaware :)

I was using adware pro and it didn't always remove spyware or adware depending on occasion

shellshock said:
The microsoft one is the best IMO, thats all I use, and I stay spyware free, even with using kazza

MS sure as HECK is not the best, my uncle had it on his system - and all he does is read email and surf news sites - i decide to put in spybot and it found a few items that MS did not, and he knows better then to open random emails and click links.

personally no SINGLE program can catch everything.

Agreed, when it comes to anti-spyware agents, two is most-definitely better than one.

I personally prefer either Ad-Aware + MS Antispyware. Spyware Eliminator (Aluria) isn't bad either, the GUI is just a little too slow for my taste though.

I use Adware pro, but IMO its not that great. Its ok but mainly gets cookies. Great thing about these apps though is unlike AntiVirus you can have many of them. I have like 5 of them inclueding the MS one. Never hurts to run a scan everyonce and awhile.

I find Spybot's protection really lacking, especially lately. Run SpySweeper or Spyware Doctor on a badly infected machine after running Spybot - and you will find ALOT more...

Personally, I use this method with just about every machine that comes in the shop:

- Clean out all temp files by hand
- Install/Update/Full Scan and removal with Xblock, AdAware, SpySweeper, Spyware Doctor
- Run CWS Shredder & HijackThis if needed
- Scan with Panda & TrendMicro Online Virus Scanners
- Scan with TDS-3 or other Trojan Finders
- Install AVG Free if the client does not have an up-to-date AV
- Install SpywareBlaster for some extra prevention protection
- TuneXP to tweak the system performance a bit, along with disabling unneeded services and programs

Spyware Doctor is a new program (to me anyway) but I'm liking it alot so far... Seems to scan just as well as SpySweeper, but is total Freeware instead.

HUUGGEE UPDATE TO SITE.... SWKILLS.COM ALSO FORWARDS TO IT!!!!

EVERYTHING HAS BEEN UPDATED, FILES AND LINKS AND SPEEDTESTS ADDED!!!

And I agree with all you guys, MS isn't 'the best' none of them are. but ms bugs a lot!!! when it pops up in the corner!!

Back