• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

stability

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CPL.Luke

how much of an increase in stability does better cooling bring?

I'm talking like the difference between a stock cooler and maybe a high end air system. not prommies

depends on the temps without the good cooling and with the good cooling....if your running really hot >60C youll notice a change in stability..but <60C the notice will be minimal but exsistant

well my current temps are about 57c load reading off what I believe is the socket temp. with 1.65 voltage and 2250 mhz

so do you think that if I get better cooling I can get a higher overclock on this voltage

all CPUs are diffrent and i couldent give you a definitive answer..but chances are youll be able to get a bit more out of it on that voltage..but having better cooling can never hurt and your chip'll love you for it ;)

ok because I wasn't sure if the cooling would be worth it as going from 1.65 to 1.7 barely got me anything but it may just be the heat. because at that point it was pushing 59-60 load

Last edited:
Back