• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Staples 110% price match deal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wannaoc

If I remember right staples does the 110% price watch thing right? If so: could someone tell me how this would work.

Staples has this
AND
newegg has this

Now does Staples take that 164.49 and match that with another 164.49 or is it they just match the price plus 10%? This may sound stupid but I am just unclear on how it works. Also if it isn't Staples that does this let me know that too, thanks.

EDIT: Well for some reason the newegg link isn't working but it has the same monitor for 630.00 (minus a 20.00 instant savings) for 610.00.

In my experience it's 110% the difference, but if a item is being pricematched that has a store rebate(cc,omax,etc.) they will take that off the price. Plus you can then use coupons, I have gotten great deals this way in the past.

Actually...Staples has a 150% Price guarantee ( I work there)
What staples will do, is they'll match any price lower then theirs, THEN, they beat that price they've matched by 50% of the DIFFERENCE between the two prices.
So basically if one price is $200 at one store, and Staples has it for $250, they'll match it at $200, then they beat it by $25 making it $175 for you the customer (50% of the $50 dollar difference is $25 dollars.)

AAronP tell me where you work and I'll go there and max out all my credit card witht hat 150% difference. The last time I talked to CRS, they do not honor PM on internet prices and it was always 115%. But again tell me where you work and I'll place a few thousand dollars.

PS Staples changed their policy sometime in July or August about online PMing

Back