• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Star Citizen - Squadron 42

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sweet. Wee bit late but hopefully well worth it.

And so many new games coming out... man I don't know where to put my time the next few weeks :)

Last edited:
check out how mouse flight model works first and general feedback from players before buying something you might not use later.

Only 2 days left!!

tbh i kind of not like this from cig, you put up release date only when you have a stable build, they didn't have a stable build and yet they told everyone the 29th, then wait till the last second to announce the delay.

i wish next time they just tell us more in advance so people don't take days off from work or reschedule stuff to play the game.

That out of sync bug cannot have been introduced by some other bug fixes, it is something more serious and i think it has been there from the beginning.

Well just a recommendation is, not to take off work for a game release. Just play it when you get home.

After playing 15-20 min, I have a feeling people who bought $300 joystick setups are going to be hot....mouse/keyboard, specifically mouse aim with gimbaled weapons is damn accurate in comparison.

Its early so who knows what it will be like later. Me personally its keyboard and mouse til at least very later in development. Rather upgrade my GPU/Monitor before getting a stick ;)

Oh and let the downloading begin... 3-5 hours or so :/ sloooooooow download grrr I'll be able to at least try it later tonight.

let's get a conversation going on in here

over there on the forums it's insane, after 5 minutes a new topic gets lost into oblivion by 100 new posts about bugs and people complaining.

I have tried it out, and apart the mouse aim it looks promising.

tomorrow i have to try joystick, because mouse aim is TERRIBLE!
you will find yourself overcorrecting 90% of the time, and after a while you'll feel dizzy by all the movement.

I also crashed into objects because i saw them too late.
in deep space, where everything is black, you need to have some sort of radar to show you approximately that you are flying into a huge structure.

this happened to me like 3 times, going towards an enemy, but there is a platform that is so dark you just can't see it until it is too late.

Can't wait till someone figures out a way to make it work with sli too, because most people get insane artifacts with sli on.

so far so good, if this is the alpha of SC, it will definitely be a great game in 2 years.

Can't wait till someone figures out a way to make it work with sli too, because most people get insane artifacts with sli on.

Was there an drive update for this game from GPU manufacturers?

generally driver updates are done when the whole graphics of the game are sorted out.
(this means refactoring where it needs to, optimize the rendering pipeline, or add custom optimizations to the game itself)

At this early stage there are still a lot of optimizations to be done on CIG side before nvidia should actually do anything on the profile.

They could update the profiles now, and help CIG improve sli performance but that would be likely to change in the near future and all the work done would become useless.

we'll have to wait i suppose, sometimes though the settings that need to be changed are trivial, and most of the major issues (in this case heavy shader artifacts) could be due to just a few wrong settings on the driver profile.

After seeing the artifacts i was getting, i have absolutely no clue whatsoever about what it could be. i have never seen something happen to a game like this Oo

This shows how much they are changing cryengine internally though, as generally driver profiles work ok on different games but same engine.

on a second thought my guess is that PBR is causing all the issues (they updated some of the shaders to PBR in this release) since i don't think it was originally supported by the engine itself.I could be wrong though, i am too tired and drunk for this kind of stuff. i'll see tomorrow if i manage to somehow get it to work.

cheers =)

Thanks for the run down but not to sound rude, I wasn't looking for the run down on how it works. :p I get the basic idea of drivers with SLI and you would think they added something for this game since they recently came out with certified drivers. I was just saying maybe since the game just got released with the recent certified driver, in most cases they add support. The perks and tweaks of course come over time and fix the glitches. Maybe I am thinking there are issues with SLI than just simple adjustments that are done down the road. Nonetheless thanks for the info though. Always good to hear ones perspective.

What are some good one? I have literally no idea :)

I ended up getting a Thrustmaster T.16000M it has the same sensor as the crazy $300 Thrustmaster Warthog but, at a fraction of the price... (24.99 at micro center) :D

Arena Commander is awesome although it really makes me want to buy a new ship. I'm working on adding some FXAA or antialiasing the in game video settings are a bit limited at the moment.

Very high settings no modification to Nvidia driver settings
ScreenShot0006.jpg
ScreenShot0005.jpg

Back