• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suggestions on cases

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fobia

im looking for a case less then $100. i would like a decent amount of room (IE 2 gfx carrds). also i would ike it to be good for keeping ambient temps down

thanks

yeah i dont need PSU, is there like dust filter paper or film i can buy for the cooloer master 690?

i am putting a rig together for a friend in a coolermaster 690...i gotta say, i am impressed with it so far.

so far? i think your either impressed or not impressed? unless you havent put anything in it yet.. lol.. can you take a pic of what it looks like when everything is put in it.. thanks

Cooler Master 690

i am putting a rig together for a friend in a coolermaster 690...i gotta say, i am impressed with it so far.

so far? i think your either impressed or not impressed? unless you havent put anything in it yet.. lol.. can you take a pic of what it looks like when everything is put in it.. thanks

I second the CM 690. It is probably the best sub $100 case and better than most of the ones more expensive than it anyways.

i have a lot of good things about the CM690
building a new rig this weekend and i think i will buy the CM690

OP: I did a review here on the forums, TONS of pictures, watch out:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=527998

Bottom line: Amazing case for the price.

by so far, i mean that i just started putting the components inside of it last night...and finished up on the wiring today...i like it a lot actually.

Forgot to warn you about the many different Lian-Li Plus II's.

This one at Directron has a 80m/m rear fan...Not a 120 like the one from Newegg...It also lacks the 80m/m blow hole fan opening.

http://www.directron.com/pc7bplusii.html

So you have to be careful where you buy...As you can see I have a CM690 right now...And for my money the Lian-Li is a much better case.

Just my humble opinion...Now where are those flame resistant drawers ???

:argue:

I just finished a build last week with the lian li pc7b plus II....i love the case so much...

but i was assuming he wanted to save some dough, in which for 45 bucks AMIR you cant go wrong with a CM690

I agree the Coolermaster CM 690 is a nice case...Bought one just to check it out really.

Things I do not like...Very restrictive honeycomb wire mesh for fans...If I keep the case they will be cut out.

Really do not like the maze of wires inside the case for fans, mb connectors and the other fan openings.

Cannot get the right side of the case off...Short or a hammer and chisel I have tried just about everything possible to get it off...It aint budging.

Another thing I do not like is a case with the power supply mounted on the bottom...Having a 120m/m fan pulling air off what amounts to the floor really fills the power supply with gunk way to fast for my taste.

And last but not least is the top mounted USB, eSata, Firewire and Mic/Headphone jacks.

Granted for some reason my place needs constant dusting...As a result monthly cleaning is an absolute necessity for any box in my room.

For the money it is a great case...I paid 79.00 bones at Directron plus 8.25% sales tax...But for the few duckies more to get the Lian-Li from Newegg is a much better choice.

So for the "100.00" dollar price range, I like the Lian-Li much better...Many, many builds using these cases...Build a box using the PC-7B Plus II...Take it to a prospective customer and I never get them back out the door.

Sold...Right then and there.

:attn:

I agree the Coolermaster CM 690 is a nice case...Bought one just to check it out really.

Things I do not like...Very restrictive honeycomb wire mesh for fans...If I keep the case they will be cut out.

Really do not like the maze of wires inside the case for fans, mb connectors and the other fan openings.

Cannot get the right side of the case off...Short or a hammer and chisel I have tried just about everything possible to get it off...It aint budging.

Another thing I do not like is a case with the power supply mounted on the bottom...Having a 120m/m fan pulling air off what amounts to the floor really fills the power supply with gunk way to fast for my taste.

And last but not least is the top mounted USB, eSata, Firewire and Mic/Headphone jacks.

Granted for some reason my place needs constant dusting...As a result monthly cleaning is an absolute necessity for any box in my room.

For the money it is a great case...I paid 79.00 bones at Directron plus 8.25% sales tax...But for the few duckies more to get the Lian-Li from Newegg is a much better choice.

So for the "100.00" dollar price range, I like the Lian-Li much better...Many, many builds using these cases...Build a box using the PC-7B Plus II...Take it to a prospective customer and I never get them back out the door.

Sold...Right then and there.

:attn:
up

Back