• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sunon Fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Earthworm

Heres a quick question for you. What do you think/are you experiences with Sunon Fans?

I just bought a High Output 80mm one and I was wondering what you guys thought about it?

I will post my thoughts when it arrives.

I've got a case full of them. They're relatively quiet and they're good quality, reliable, hard-working fans.

Never having any experiance with them i can only tell you what ive heard, ive only heard good things, one of the quieter fans, decent CFM, relitivly long lasting and i havent heard much about them that was bad. I personally will be going with the 120mm 108cfm once i get a new case.

-OpenFriday

Shoot i lied ive got a 40mm Sunon doin a spot job in my case, i borrowed it from a friend and ive got it blowing near the AGP, i cant hear it at all, then again its a 40mm about 5 cfm. No problems mechanicly though.

Earthworm (Mar 11, 2001 10:33 p.m.):
Heres a quick question for you. What do you think/are you experiences with Sunon Fans?

I just bought a High Output 80mm one and I was wondering what you guys thought about it?

I will post my thoughts when it arrives.

Not to single you out personally, but why do people always ask questions like this AFTER having bought something?!! What if we all said, "Bah, that fan is horrible. It's loud and moves hardly any air!", what then? It just seems to make sense to ask first and then buy second (although in this case all of the feedback was good).

I usually check out all my purchases first then do the buying...but in this case I bought a fan. Not a huge purchase. Besides you can't really go wrong with any 80mm fan for cpu cooling especially when its 43cfm.

At any rate I've been reading the forum for a little while now just thought I would join and offer up my opinions too.

Earthworm (Mar 12, 2001 12:42 a.m.):
Besides you can't really go wrong with any 80mm fan for cpu cooling especially when its 43cfm.
You can go wrong when you consider that YS-Tech makes an 80mm fan that puts out 47CFM at the same noise level and is rated with the same life-span! You should have asked us a question like "Whats the a good 80mm fan for CPU cooling?" before you ordered anything. Then we could have told you.

But anyway- Sunons are fine fans, I use them in all my customers PCs. Some of these machines are 3-4 years old and the fans are still working. I'm sure you will be a happy customer, even though you may have shaved another .5C off you CPU temps with the YS-Tech fan.

I have a case full of Sunons, it a little loud, but moves a TON of air.

2-120mm intake through the radiator
4-80mm 2 intake and 2 exhaust blowing across the drives
1 92mm mid-case directing air to the backside of the socket adapter
1 92mm rear exhaust

If I had wheels on this, it would roll across the floor and spin too! :D

I am going to purchase a fanbus/baybus kit to reduce the volume when the machine isn't stressed. My CPU runs 25C under moderate load, and I haven't gotten it over 30C yet under stress (21-22C ambient)

C2-600@810, voltage limited by my board (Soyo SY6VCA) to +7.5%) and I haven't rewired the pins yet. I thought I killed this CPU, but it was the board that went belly up. No idea how it happened either, I was grounded, case was clean, running at defaults due to rebuild of system for the watercooling. It just QUIT.

I took scrap parts out of an old p2 to build my new p3. One of which was a Sunon fan. When I hooked it up in my case I was dissapointed to see it was barly moving any air. Then the other day for the heck of it I took the fan out to see what I could fit in there to replace it. I was checking it out, shook it a bit, and pluged it back in. And damn that thing started pushing air. This thing must be 4 years old and is pumping more air than the brand Antec fans I got in my case. Needless to say I am content with Sunon's quality.

I have a Sunon fan that was in an old 166 and it is still working great. But, Just for good measure I took it apart and squirted some wd40 in it.

I really think that Sunon make decent, all-around fans. However, they are just decent, all-around fans. Fans from other manufacturers are better in different ways. YS Tech, for example, move more total air. Panaflo are quieter and move more air while producing less noise. Adda fans are pretty quiet, as well, for the amount of air they move (although not as good as the Panaflos).

So, you're Sunon fan will do you fine, but it might not be the best depending on what specific use you will put it to. I'm not knocking Sunon Fans in anyway, I have two in my own case, but they don't accell in certain areas as well as those by other manufacturers.

Back