• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

supermicro h8qg6-f motherboard fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.


May 31, 2004
I am still running a few supermicro h8qg6-f motherboards. They have very small fans on a few heat sinks and one of them is dying and making a lot of noise. Any idea where these fan can be purchased, or what they are called? Thanks.
Man, a flash back to the -bigadv days. Anyway, those be chipset fans. I "think" they are 40mm but please for the love of pizza don't quote me on that. The Egg has a huge selection of small fans. My search for 40mm tuned up a great many hits from slim and cheap to monster coolers. My suggestion would be to verify the size of the fans and check the Egg (or whoever you use) to see what they have. Hope that helps :)
Thanks for the interest.

These are chip fans that are built into the heat sink, they screw into the heat sink, about 5 mm thick I am guessing.
I would think they are specialty fans. I will try to get a better pic later today.

chip fans super micro h8gp6f.png