• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swapping Mobo's... gotta question:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
skou... you are just a tad early... almost a solid Jun 2002 member'd thread. :D

Yeah, but only by a month.

I remember Mr. N throwing a few fits, when he was asked to put the high voltage in other Bioses. Maybe Phantom punisher (I think) can do it.

steve

Edit; following your posts again / edit:santa:

skou said:
Yeah, but only by a month.

I remember Mr. N throwing a few fits, when he was asked to put the high voltage in other Bioses. Maybe Phantom punisher (I think) can do it.

steve

Edit; following your posts again / edit:santa:
if you are truly following my posts.. you are a busy guy.

70 posts since 7:49pm central time last night.

Hehe, first post over here.
I've been watching this forums for several months and I like it. I hang around at Xtreme most of the time, but I recognize some names that visite Xtreme and other forums too.

Maxvla :
I changed from the TH7 II Raid to the IT7 about 3 months ago. From my personnal experience I must say that the TH7 II doesn't oc as good as the IT7. So I presume it might be the same for the BD7 II, as they have the same chipset.
In fact, the IT7 allowed me to oc my cpu 100-150 Mhz more. So, it might be that your 1.6a might not do as well as on the BD7 II. But not all boards are the same, so results might vary.

As for the undervolting, not much to say. I guess that all TH7 II undervolt a lot. Sometimes, mine undervolted up to 0.1V.
I liked the board a lot, solid, fast and still the best RDRAM board at this moment.

Anyway, good luck with the board. Hope it helped a little bit.

Jupiler said:
Hehe, first post over here.
I've been watching this forums for several months and I like it. I hang around at Xtreme most of the time, but I recognize some names that visite Xtreme and other forums too.

Maxvla :
I changed from the TH7 II Raid to the IT7 about 3 months ago. From my personnal experience I must say that the TH7 II doesn't oc as good as the IT7. So I presume it might be the same for the BD7 II, as they have the same chipset.
In fact, the IT7 allowed me to oc my cpu 100-150 Mhz more. So, it might be that your 1.6a might not do as well as on the BD7 II. But not all boards are the same, so results might vary.

As for the undervolting, not much to say. I guess that all TH7 II undervolt a lot. Sometimes, mine undervolted up to 0.1V.
I liked the board a lot, solid, fast and still the best RDRAM board at this moment.

Anyway, good luck with the board. Hope it helped a little bit.
TH7II - i850 chipset
BD7II - i845e chipset

i figure with better voltage controls i'll get more o/c out of my p4 on the TH7II than the BD7II. all abit boards seem to undervolt.. but thats better than overvolting. my BD undervolts by about .07v. when i get the TH7 with the 40b bios i'll be able to punch the voltage up higher to get a true 1.7 or just a scosh higher.

Maxvla said:

TH7II - i850 chipset
BD7II - i845e chipset

i figure with better voltage controls i'll get more o/c out of my p4 on the TH7II than the BD7II. all abit boards seem to undervolt.. but thats better than overvolting. my BD undervolts by about .07v. when i get the TH7 with the 40b bios i'll be able to punch the voltage up higher to get a true 1.7 or just a scosh higher.

the TH7II rocks!!!!!!:D

(a tear flows down mica's face):cry:

mica-(following maxvla to freak him out)
and hopeing you get the silver cappys.;)

Maxvla said:

fraid so.

we should ban him until he shows a receipt for rdram.

Oh nooooooo

does this mean that I should keep my mouth shut about going to the AMD reality check on thursday.

btw....new parts coming on friday.

mica

micamica1217 said:

Oh nooooooo

does this mean that I should keep my mouth shut about going to the AMD reality check on thursday.

btw....new parts coming on friday.

mica
you can keep your mouth open about going... but if you win a chip you must forfeit it to me :)

wow. talk about fast reflexes. 1:13 your post 1:14 mine. :D

<------- location :)

Maxvla said:

you can keep your mouth open about going... but if you win a chip you must forfeit it to me :)

wow. talk about fast reflexes. 1:13 your post 1:14 mine. :D

<------- location :)

roflo

mica

edit: you win

Maxvla said:
i am swapping from a BD7II (DDR based) to a TH7II (RDRAM based)...

will my 1.6a overclock the same?

right now top speed is at 166mhz fsb 2664mhz with 1.68v (1.75 bios setting)

i plan on swapping out the bios on the TH for a mr natural bios that allows voltage up to 1.85. i'll probly set it at 1.8 which being an abit board should give me a real voltage of about 1.72 or so which is still pretty safe. that will give me another .04v of stability.. so maybe it will even overclock better than it is now.

i've never just swapped boards and kept the same cpu before. i always upgraded both. should it be the same with the same settings?

I think that 166Mhz FSB is quite feasible on the TH7II. PC800 ram may or may not be able to pull that full speed. My guess is that it will not. But take comfort: 166Mhz * 6 * 16bits * 2channels = 3984Mb/sec at RDRAM 3x! Tasty enough if you compare that to 166Mhz on a DDR 3:4 system: 221 * 64bits * 2DDR = 3536Mb/s.

Re: Re: Swapping Mobo's... gotta question:

FIZZ3 said:

I think that 166Mhz FSB is quite feasible on the TH7II. PC800 ram may or may not be able to pull that full speed. My guess is that it will not. But take comfort: 166Mhz * 6 * 16bits * 2channels = 3984Mb/sec at RDRAM 3x! Tasty enough if you compare that to 166Mhz on a DDR 3:4 system: 221 * 64bits * 2DDR = 3536Mb/s.

don't you just love the way fizz talks about RDRAM.:D

mica

I haven't been able to get my PC800 much higher than 415 or so, using 400 fsb CPUs. To get any higher, I have to run at a 3* multiplier.

My PC1066 is a different story.

steve

Re: Re: Swapping Mobo's... gotta question:

FIZZ3 said:

AZN had his TH7II up to 177mhz and coulda gone more with better cooling. he was using pc800 ram in 3x mode.

skou said:
I haven't been able to get my PC800 much higher than 415 or so, using 400 fsb CPUs. To get any higher, I have to run at a 3* multiplier.

My PC1066 is a different story.

steve

siggy says all.

mica

Back