• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sweet, new pics of LGA 775 Mobo / CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
*PICS TAKEN FROM XTREMESYSTEMS.ORG SITE*

915.jpg

775.jpg

ECS.jpg

Hmm I see intel made sure their heatsink had plenty of "growing" room, trends to come perhaps?

Is that a pci express slot up top? What are those two small ones that look like a cmr?

Is it just me, or do those RAM sticks look like they have no chips on them?

TC said:
Is that a pci express slot up top? What are those two small ones that look like a cmr?

PCI Express x1 slots. The 1st big one is x16.

I wonder whether they managed to get ECC RAM functional, there are apparently some problems with Intel's 9xx chipsets and ECC.

Does anyone know if that board follows the current specs in terms of the holes around the mobo for mounting water blocks?

no pins on procs
hm
nice inovation
maybe that will low cost of procesors, but raise cost of mobo ...
why no pins ?

Probably too many RMA's on bent and broken CPU pins. They had to do something different when they try to cram more and more pins onto the CPU. The pins are now on the motherboard. So, if you break a pin you'll need a new mobo. If they were smart, they'd have replaceable sockets.

This still looks like ATX form factor. Can anyone confirm this? I might not get the LGA 775 until they move to the BTX form factor... dunno yet.

Last edited:
Back