• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System.InvalidOperationException:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pepi93

Since installing my 5900x I've had this pop up a few times after a restart. I'm not sure what's triggering this error. I don't even have the OneDrive folder it's refering to at the bottom. I also don't know anything about PerformanceCounters. The only thing that's different since the new CPU is TPM was changed in the BIOS from discrete to firmware.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 5

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
No clue...

...guessing.... but that intelligent standby list thing looks like some memory scrub program (those still around?)... maybe if that's installed uninstall it?

I see a path as well.... can you navigate to the location in the error and see the file???

OP
Pepi93

Pepi93

I don't have that file location, that's where it got confusing for me and I have hidden files visible as well.

OP
Pepi93

Pepi93

No clue...

...guessing.... but that intelligent standby list thing looks like some memory scrub program (those still around?)... maybe if that's installed uninstall it?

I see a path as well.... can you navigate to the location in the error and see the file???

Ok yeah, I'm an idiot, I do have the Intelligent standby list cleaner active, just didn't put two and two together because this error/prompt never showed up with my 3700x. Maybe that combined with TPM...

OP
Pepi93

Pepi93

Why? It's 2022, not 2002! :p

Being serious, you've got 32gb of ram... why do you need a scrubber? Get rid of that app. :)
I think I just got used to it. I originally used it when I had 16gb.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Windows has been 'good' at RAM management for quite a while now. It's just an extra app that can (and in this case did) cause problems. I honestly don't recall using anything like it past Windows XP in the early 2000s as there wasn't a benefit.

Snake oil...even if you don't have enough RAM. ;)

Last edited: