• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

system starting in safe mode

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I found this one on newegg. It might be a bit overkill, but its at a rather good price. How good are the MGE PSU's?

MGE SuperCharger 600W power supply DUAL 80MM Fans With SATA, Wire sleeve, Model "PS-600W"

How is the 12V rail low ampers? It says 24A for the 12V rail. The 3.3V rail doesnt need to be really high, I only need a max of 7A from the 3.3 rail on my current setup. The reason why the rest seem low for a 600Watt PSU is because of the 24A 12V rail. I think I will take the risk on this 600watter and get the extended warranty on it just in case something does go wrong with it.

Thats fine, if you're happy with it :thup:

I've never heard of them but they could be quite good, you'll be the test patient & report to the rest of us.

Yeah, I was looking at the 500watt model, it had like 18Amps on the 12V & 3.3V +5.0V like 200watts. I've had 300watt PSUs with higher specs.

You definitely shouldn't be short of power with that beast. Keep a close watch on your rails while Priming with it.

Definitely get the extended warranty.

Good Luck!

Keep us posted!

Regards, Balrog

Just ordered from newegg, should be in Friday. Only problem is I am leaving for the Sturgis motorcycle rally Friday afternoon, so I will get any test results back till over a week after I leave. I will get info up as soon as I can on it though.

Sounds good on PSU!

Sturgis too!

I used to go to Laconia N.H. for the races.

I sold my HD years ago, I spent a lot of time & $ modding that puppy!

Have fun, catch ya when you get back.

Regards, Balrog

Well im back from sturgis. Had a blast there. Now its time to get back to business with this PC. I made a post on the new PSU in the correct area of the forum. I am still having the problem with being able to boot past a certain Ghz. Any other ideas on the problem?

Well I'm no expert on the Mobiles but I think you have to make a mod to get the board\CPU to recognize multis over 12X. With good power & that RAM I would think you could lower your multi to 10X & raise your FSB up around 220, You may have to loosen your memory timings back to 11-3-3-2.5 until you get everything burnt in & stabilized but then you should be able to tweak things down a bit tighter & push multi up to 11x or so.

Regards, Balrog

i have dropped the multis that low, but still wont go over 2.54ish ghz. Gives me this safemode error thingy.

2.54Ghz isn't too shabby! Congrats

Remember
1. Not all 2500+ Mobiles are going to OC the same
2. Your board, CPU & memory are fairly new so it may take some time for everything to burn-in. Run Memtest overnight for a few days & lots of Prime while you're surfing or doing something else during the day. You have to give it some time to burn-in.
3. We still have to watch that MGE PSU as thats an unknown factor in all this & may have an effect on the amount and\or stability of your OC. Watch it carefully using MBM5 or Speedfan while Prime is running & watch the amount of flucuation you get on your rails, especailly the 3.3V(RAM) & 12V(CPU). Both MBM5 & Speedfan have monitoring option that can track the hi\low\average of your voltages during a Prime run, you might try it.

How are your CPU temps running? The Volcano 7 is a good HSF but you may need a more powerful option to really push your max stable OC.

Regards, Balrog

Well I ran prime for about 2 hours earlier. Checking MBM5, it reads the high for the 3.3V rail is 3.38 and the low is 3.33, the 12V rail is a high of 11.61 and a low of 11.43, the 5V rail is a stable 5.00 to 5.02. I didnt really think about it, but I guess 2.54ghzish isnt too bad, considering its 1.83ghz stock. Guess I will just stick to this for now, and start working on my new motorcycle. Balrog, you have been the most help on anything I have ever asked of anybody on the internet, thanks!

No problem, glad I could help.

Those 12V rail figures don't look very good. I don't like to see anything below 11.8V myself though industry standards allow for +\- 5% which would be ~11.4V but when you're pushing the high OCs that isn't going to keep you stable. Test the crap out of it as you may need to RMA it for something a bit stronger. IMHO

Whats the new bike set-up?

Wish I had the coin to build a new one but those days are over for me, have fun!

Regards, Balrog

Back